Starting Insanity Today!

Options
Hi all -

I'm looking to start Insanity today, 5/8 and would love to start a group for anyone interested! We can keep each other motivated, post questions, progress, helpful tips, etc.!

Please let me know if you'd like to join me!

Replies

• lolo406
    lolo406 Posts: 71
    Options
    Im in! I just started yesterday 5/7 with the fit test, my muscles hurt today and this is just the beginning! This is my first round of Insanity, how about you? Here's to the next 60 days and more fit/healthier bodies!
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm doin the hybrid with p90
  • MonMon0825
    MonMon0825 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in! I'm starting Insanity today (5/8) and was hoping for some support and motivation!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes...I'm on day 3 today....I would love to be part of a group. Are any of you registered on team beachbody?
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I am on week 6 good luck to you young ladies. Just remember to push yourselves and never give up.
  • Billybea
    Billybea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Ive been thinking about doing insanity- i went on amazon to purchase and i got confused, seems to be so many different dvds? Any help/ suggestions and where to purchase
    I really want to join you guys!!
    Thanks
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I just started yesterday! I'm in!
  • mistressmambo
    mistressmambo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Ive been thinking about doing insanity- i went on amazon to purchase and i got confused, seems to be so many different dvds? Any help/ suggestions and where to purchase
    I really want to join you guys!!
    Thanks

sending you a friend request

I've done Insanity... it's definitely INSANE :D It's a great workout... add me if you'd like
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Started last Monday (4/30). It's hard but I love it!
  • fatbutgettingthinner
    fatbutgettingthinner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 days in - feel free to add me. It's a great but tough workout. Definately noticing changes already.
  • IndependentGuilt
    Options
    I'm on board with you--starting tmw 5/9...I am really not looking forward to the sore-factor--but must push through! Friend me and we'll figure it out!
  • IndependentGuilt
    Options
    I'm on board with you--starting tmw 5/9---friends? keeping each other on track and whining about how sore we are?
  • IndependentGuilt
    Options
    I'm in, starting in the am--add me as a friend?
  • IndependentGuilt
    Options
    I am starting tmw--I was considering adding to team Beachbody--haven't really considered the benefit---what are your thoughts?
  • fruiteelipgloss
    Options
    yesterday was my fit test so im starting today! anyone have any tips on what they are eating? how much etc? everyone keeps saying to eat more calories and mfp says to eat 1200 a day to lose weight. how much are you guys eating? are u guys following the harris benedict equation to calculate your intake? because if i do that, my caloric intake needs are 1800-1900! im hoping i dont go overboard with this cuz eating a lot is already the root of the problem!

also, id like to know if any of you bought extra protein powder or the recovery shake?

sorry i have so many questions im just a little misguided.

Thanks!
  • AndreaKZ
    AndreaKZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I just started yesterday....so sore today but it is worth it! Add me please :)
  • LeighAnnH75
    LeighAnnH75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and I love it! I would like to know about pre/post workout nutrition as well. I'm incredible sore and drained but trying to push through! Feel free to add me. Would love to get to know you all =)
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test yesterday and I am starting today. I think support/motivation is going to be needed for this program...or just someone to share stories with about our pain etc....:laugh:

Feel free to add me as a friend

Lisa :drinker:
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    yesterday was my fit test so im starting today! anyone have any tips on what they are eating? how much etc? everyone keeps saying to eat more calories and mfp says to eat 1200 a day to lose weight. how much are you guys eating? are u guys following the harris benedict equation to calculate your intake? because if i do that, my caloric intake needs are 1800-1900! im hoping i dont go overboard with this cuz eating a lot is already the root of the problem!

also, id like to know if any of you bought extra protein powder or the recovery shake?

sorry i have so many questions im just a little misguided.

Thanks!
    I'm 5 weeks in, good luck to everyone! I will say the most common thing I've seen is under eating the program than over eating. I bet if you would have tracked your calories when you were gaining weight you probably would have averaged over your current maintenance, now however, you will be working your but off....literally!

Just so you know, I'm 4'11" and I set MFP to 1470 and eat back the calories I burn daily. That means I'm eating between 1600 and 2000 calories a day, so probably avg of 1850 or 1900 daily. I have lost 12+ inches overall, but only 4lbs. But my body is shrinking and I've already gone down one pant size.

So in the end, I would say, eat to support your workouts, as you strengthen your muscles, you will be burning even more. I hear month 2 you start to drop like crazy...I Cant wait! I LOVE these! It is a love/hate relationship with Shaun T.........I hate him during, but I love what he is doing for my body!!!

Good luck everyone and add me if you need some hope!
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    One other thing.........I'm a 47 year old fat person, LOL. I'm a grandma, I have 64 lbs to loose, well 60 now, I was sedentary and horribly out of shape. So if I can do this, all y'all can too!!