Do you feel guilty when........?

Options

Replies

• SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    oh yes i do then i try to drink a bunch of water to wash it out of there. I'm proud of you longhaul for eatting just one. That my good man is willpower.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't feel guilty, that's not fair to yourself. If we deprive ourselves of things we enjoy, we run the risk of quitting our weight loss journey. Everything in moderation and if we go over what is seen as moderation (and we will at times), well, then tomorrow is a new day and we can begin again knowing that we know what needs to be done to be successful. Don't be hard on yourself. Even if you a few pounds back, you know how to remove them again :)
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    yes I feel guilty as well. you are not alone
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Very rarely because I know this is a lifestyle change. I am moderating my food and exercising. I'm not cutting out foods. If I cut out foods, I will just end up going back to how I was. Moderation is what needs to happen, and you did a great job of that. Don't feel like scum! You did an awesome thing by not eating as much. Don't let your life revolve around what you eat, just enjoy it. Go out to eat at your favorite place even if it's all fatty food just do it in moderation, and if you are a tiny bit over, oh well. Your diary is at a deficit, if you go over up to your maintenance level, then that's ok. Enjoy life and not let yourself around your food. :)
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Do you feel guilty when you eat something that you know made you fat in the past, but you are still under your goal for the day.
    Happened to me yesterday........I love cheese coneys and used to eat about 4-5 at a time. Yesterday I had 1 but still felt like
    scum after I ate it. Am I the only one that feels this way? LH

No! Feel proud that you had the will power and knowledge to only have one. A weight loss journey is not about completely eliminating foods bc that's not possible for some people. It's about being able to regulate yourself. Everything in moderation. That's how I view this program. I knew last month I was going to a restaurant for dinner and the shrimp and grits was 900 cals. I worked my *kitten* off the day before, day of, and day after bc I enjoy food and I want to enjoy it.

FYI I only had half the shrimp and grits....moderation.
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, yeah. It's harder at the beginning of your journey. Once you really get going though you won't feel so guilty.
  • MissesJai
    MissesJai Posts: 48
    Options
    I used to but not anymore. Everything in moderation....
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do.. I even feel guilty because I am thinking of having frozen yogurt from TCBY.. I haven't had any since I changed my eating habits, but it sounds so good, esp the chocolate one... Actually I can get a free one on Mother's Day, but that isn't til Sunday :)
    Maybe if I just get the smallest one :)
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If its in moderation no, binge just because yes. Nothing is off limits so most of the time I do okay. :smile:
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sometimes I do feel this way.

But think about how far you've come. You ate 1. Not 4 or 5. That's really awesome! That takes a lot of self control. You should feel proud. That's a big step. Don't beat yourself up. :wink:

They're right...you still practiced self control and moderation. This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change in which you can exercise a healthy lifestyle through a balance of eating well and burning calories. Sometimes we all need to treat ourselves, but it's funny how our bodies get used to eating the 'good for you food', and turn away from the 'junk' that we previously craved!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I think I can relate. When we first started to liberalize out diet a little bit I would have a small panic attack before getting on the scales the next morning. I knew I was under calories, but it still felt like I cheated.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Nope! As long as I record it and work it into my calorie budget, it's ok.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    depends on the day and what I've already eaten. I mean obviously I enjoyed what I ate, but sometimes if the other part of my day wasn't good, then you don't want to make the whole day bad, but I try not to feel guilty about it, but it happens.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think this should be an NSV instead of you feeling guilty! You ate 1. That's it and you should give your self a pat on the back for it! I know what you mean about feeling guilty, but it goes away the more you feel in control which takes time! My trigger food is Pizza. I cant live without it but before my life style change I inhaled it! Now I can order it and have a couple of pieces and stay within my calorie goal!
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I used to but not anymore. I have just learned new was to eat what I love in moderation and if I have a bad day i just look foward to the next days that much more to burn it off. No worries.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Maybe somewhat, but consider how you felt from a satisfaction or craving standpoint. Did it make you want to eat 4 more of them, or did you find it wasn't as good as you used to think? Maybe determine if it's really worth having it again. I.E., instead of beating yourself up, examine the situation and decide how to proceed. You've done well and like others have said - you only ate one, not 5. Keep up the good work and be nice to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    No, I don't feel guilty. This the best part about MFP for me. I can eat WHATEVER I want. as long as I am withing calorie range I will still loose wt. I just love the sound of that. MPF teaches me portion control.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I only feel guilty when I go over my calorie goals because I ate extra stuff that was stupid and I wasnt supposed to eat anyways. If I want a hamburger really bad, I am going to let myself have it. If I deprive myself for too long, I get really cranky.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    I don't mind as long as I don't start cutting out my more nutritious food to compensate for these items. I don't believe in completely cutting food out and I love indulging. But occasionally my previous bad habits can come knocking again... not so much eating a particular food, but trying to cut out other things to accommodate it. I'd actually much rather go over my calories than do this... or better yet, treat myself within my calories but also getting in all the stuff that I had planned to eat in that day.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Never! Why feel guilty? 'Eating within our means' is how we learn to maintain our weight after we lose it. You can't deprive yourself of your fav. foods/specific foods, or you're on a DIET and you'll have cravings. As long as you plan for them, exercise a little extra if necessary and stay on track otherwise, you're doing great and don't feel guilty. Food still needs to be enjoyable as we are human.
    Keep up the good work!