So Close..

Options
This isn't a completed transformation but I'm working towards it! Here's a little back story. Photos below. :)

I've always had an issue with my weight going back to early childhood. Between the ages of baby and early toddler I refused to eat anything. It worried my mother so much so that in the end she went to my pediatrician about this issue and I was prescribed an appetite inducing medicine. This I consider to be my downfall. Haha.

Needless to say it worked, along with growing up with fantastic home cooked meals every day. I was raised to love food without really being set the proper guidelines to correct portion sizes. (I think South Africans go hand in hand with Italians when it comes to their love of food). I also think my mother was just so happy with the fact that I was actually eating.

Late toddler to early teens I was overweight but I was oblivious to it all, thankful to this day that I have never been teased or bullied over this issue. Throughout my teen years I finally grew in to my body, still a little chubby in some areas but nothing compared to how I was.

My body type is no where near petite (as you see now a days on TV, advertisements etc.). I have broad shoulders, a big chest and rugby player calves as I like to call them (years of walking on my toes like Barbie when I was younger) and I am perfectly fine with not being able to fit in to a size zero.

My main goal is to be happy in my skin.

I started my journey at 250lb (size 22/24 in pants)- this is me in late 2009 after gaining around 100lb over 3-4 years. The funny thing is that once again I was oblivious to this fact, even as my clothes grew smaller and I grew bigger. No self esteem issues, no doubts, self loathing, self consciousness. Just one big butter ball. :)

WeightLossMotivation.jpg

Here's the photo on the right seeing as it got cut off when I posted.

59268_1506072304779_1623443033_1314306_5822692_n.jpg

Here I am at roughly 190lb (size 14 in pants) in around July 2011. It took me roughly 6 months (Jan 2011 - June 2011) to lose 60lb with dieting alone. I alternated between Atkins/Weight Watchers and just doing my own thing. Not once did I exercise.

WeightLossMotivation1.jpg

For the past year my weight has hung between 200 and 185. My eating habits going from good to bad to worse to good again and I'm finally doing something to get the last 40lbs off.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job. You look wonderful!
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!!!! include exercise!!
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Awesome job :) Stick with your goals and I hope that you post your next success pictures when you reach your goal of losing another 40 lbs.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You look very pretty! Is that your brother in the background? Awesome work girl!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You didn't have self esteem issues because when you were heavy you were one boobalicious honey! You look great now, too! Congrats on losing, and best of luck as you continue!
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! I haven't gotten to comment as I worked this weekend and I've been fighting one hellatious cold.
    You didn't have self esteem issues because when you were heavy you were one boobalicious honey! You look great now, too! Congrats on losing, and best of luck as you continue!

Haha this made me laugh. Thank you! :D
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Congrats on your loss.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Damn girl! You're looking great and full of pride for the success on your journey! Keep on rocking it!
  • lovesbikes
    lovesbikes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look so good! Great job!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It is interesting to me that you are so non-chalant about being overweight... I think it's good to not self loath, but to be that obese and be chillaxed about it....:huh:

Either way, I am glad you are taking steps to a healthier you!

Good luck, you can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • Lindamack5987
    Lindamack5987 Posts: 121
    Options
    I think you have done a wonderful job. Good luck on your continued weight loss.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Exercise would be a great addition to your health journey! Best wishes.
  • GlendaEMT
    GlendaEMT Posts: 4
    Options
    I am wearing a size 20/22 pants, and am just now starting out on losing weight. I hope I do as well as you have. You have done a great job!
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    It is interesting to me that you are so non-chalant about being overweight... I think it's good to not self loath, but to be that obese and be chillaxed about it....:huh:

It's not that I am non-chalant about being overweight. In fact I am quite the opposite to where I have become quite obsessed about getting to my peak of physical fitness lately. Perhaps back then you could say that but then again I was a newly wed and moved across the ocean to a new country, getting legalized, finding a job, quitting smoking etc.

So needless to say with the bliss and stress of all that, my health/weight was really the last thing on my mind. I am ashamed that I let myself go that much without actually realizing just how bad it got.

I do have to say that I do think that my perception of myself is completely skewed, something I definitely have to work on.

But thank you! :)
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My mouth dropped! What an incredible transformation! Don't give up, you can do it! Your health is ALWAYS worth it :flowerforyou:
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I beg to differ...this IS a transformation. Your are transforming your life in the process. Great results. Good on you
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Amazing Story & I Feel Your Doing A Great Job Being Focused On Your Healthy Journey!! Thank You For Sharing Your Story!! Fantastic Job On Your Hard Work!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    Thank you for all your wonderful comments!

I hope in some way this may be some motivation for someone in the same position as many of us on here as I know a lot of people's success stories have definitely helped me.

I am definitely adding exercise to my daily routine to shed these last 40lbs. Not only because they're not budging without it but with the added bonus of stamina, endurance and toning of my body. I've always wanted to take up running and I am happy that I am working towards that goal. :)

(will do a follow up once I've reached my goal.)
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

It's not that I am non-chalant about being overweight. In fact I am quite the opposite to where I have become quite obsessed about getting to my peak of physical fitness lately. Perhaps back then you could say that but then again I was a newly wed and moved across the ocean to a new country, getting legalized, finding a job, quitting smoking etc.

So needless to say with the bliss and stress of all that, my health/weight was really the last thing on my mind. I am ashamed that I let myself go that much without actually realizing just how bad it got.

I do have to say that I do think that my perception of myself is completely skewed, something I definitely have to work on.

But thank you! :)

I think a big percentage of overweight people have a skewed image of themselves...I sure did!!! I was over 250 and had no idea I looked huge to everyone else. I thought I was curvacious, a little chubby, but beautiful!!! I only was aware of just how big I was when I finally got on the scale and saw some pictures. I almost croaked!!! LOL It finally took not being able to walk a long distance without being short of breath and barely fitting into a restaurant booth for me to realize how out of control I was. When I look back it's a good thing I was a little clueless, because then I didn't panic and I had a very positive attitude when I did start my diet. Congratulations, you look awesome!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!