Finally seeing some changes in my arms!

Options
InnerFatGirl
InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
Arms are the slowest progressing part of my body, for me.

But look!

7161234338_4abc40c487.jpg

I wasn't even tensing properly because it was hard to take the picture and flex, but I'm telling you, when I flex my arms, I ACTUALLY have some muscle now. And they feel harder, whereas before, they felt soft as feck.

:)

Replies

• Motivatedforchange
    Options
    They look great!!! What did you do?!?
  • dejatyja
    dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm aiming for (among many other signs). Good for you. Keep it up!
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have the same problems with MY arms!!! What did you do to see results?
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :flowerforyou:

Not doing anything in particular, I guess the muscles are just more visible now as I am losing weight. I have just started strength training, which would explain the harder muscles, but it's only been about a week. Hmm, I'm not sure ..
  • mariam_mel
    mariam_mel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job! Continue working and you will see more results pretty soon. In my case arms were probably the first thing to change in my body. I had a personal trainer make a 30 min workout for me as I had no clue where to start a weight training. I hope InnerFatGirl won't mind if I share what I did for arms:

DB shoulder press: 7.5 lbs
    Wide pull down: 50 lbs
    DB tricep extension: 10 lbs

DB bicep curl: 7.5 lbs
    DB upright row: 10lbs
    Low row: 40lbs
    DB side raise: 5lbs (I have really hard time having heavier weight at this one)
    Chest press: 45 lbs

It's not heavy, but it made me struggle. You can increase the weight as it gets easier. I didn't do all the above during the same workout. I do 3 sets of 10.
    I also realized that pushups also help a lot.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!