Havent lost any weight yet

I'm currently on my fourth week of calorie counting, my doctor suggested it after my 20 pound weight gain my senior yr of college. My scale is a dial one, and it isn't the most reliable one. Is anyone else having trouble with this issue as well. Suggestions?

Replies

• klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    it takes forever sometimes to see the numbers go down. I bought a new scale that measures by the .2lbs because thats generally how much I lose, Try that. Also I def recommend taking your measurements because my weight usually stays the same but in a month I lose a few inches. Good Luck
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Hello! Don't get discouraged. It took almost 5 weeks for me to see a weight loss. It does happen tho. Be healthy! Mamao
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Are you just calorie counting, or have you added some exercise time to your routine? Could also be how many calories you are now taking in, compared to what you used to... if there's not a significant difference (at least a 500 per day calorie difference), the weight loss would be incremental... Don't fret, slow and steady wins the race. Also, I trust you're weighing yourself at about the same time of day each time? You're weight can fluctuate dramatically throughout the day... so give it a try first thing in the morning... no more than once a week (honestly, I don't weigh myself more than once every three weeks... it's the only way I see any real difference)...
  • noraidaj
    noraidaj Posts: 6 Member
    It's so frustrating. The scales are going up instead of coming down!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    I usually loose weight, plateau, loose weight. If your scale says you are not going down maybe you could try a bit of exercise in the early am prior to breakfast to boost your metabolism a little before the day? For me, even a 15 minute walk or my ab routine helps quite a bit.
  • katiepatati
    katiepatati Posts: 48 Member
    leslisa - does that actually work? I havent lost any weight for years! I dont eat the healthiest but nothing like I used to, i exercise 3-4 times a week and I am still 11st! it is frustrating when i try hard but see no results. I always do my exercise before dinner though so that might be a thing to try?
  • Kpthacker
    Kpthacker Posts: 2
    I only weigh myself first thing in the am before I eat breakfast as I realize your weight does fluctuate throughout the day. I need to get a measuring tape, I used to have one but can't find it. I feel like my stomach looks slightly better, but again, it's hard to tell. I exercise 3-4 days a week but haven't been as "hardcore" as I usually am because I didn't have my Jillian Micheal's video for a couple weeks. I ordered a new scale that measures BMI, water retention and weight, and it goes by the tenth of a pound. Thanks for the support everyone! And the advice!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    leslisa - does that actually work? I havent lost any weight for years! I dont eat the healthiest but nothing like I used to, i exercise 3-4 times a week and I am still 11st! it is frustrating when i try hard but see no results. I always do my exercise before dinner though so that might be a thing to try?

It works for me. Do some research on the internet (so easy to do now =) and check out the benefits of switching up the time of day you exercise. My intense workout ranges from starting at 11am to starting at 2:30pm.

Also, the early morning (within ~60 min of waking up) is supposed to boost the metabolism for the day (again research, I think you can even search these forums).