Parking Rant

Options
ScottyNoHotty
ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
So I was going to the local Y ( my gym ) last night and I noticed 3 vehicles driving around the parking lot jockeying for the closest parking space they could find. The weather was nice, no rain. Anyone else think that this is counter-productive to exercise? you would think that people wouldn't care how close they would park, since they are going to work out anyway.....

Replies

• arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I do that periodically when I go to the Y only because I have my two young children with me and would prefer not to have to walk way across the parking lot with them! One always tries to run away and the other wants me to carry her, her school bag, along with my purse and my water and their juice cups! So if I am closer to the door it's not as difficult for me. However when I do go without them there I will purposely park in the farther away parking lot!
  • angeleh8
    angeleh8 Posts: 15
    Options
    Haha our Y parking lot is small because it is split on both sides, so I never have that problem. Even though I always end up parking far away anyways.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    They're probably the same ones inside standing on the treadmill chatting with their friend on the next treadmill who is actually walking...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny when perfectly healthy people have to park close to the door (outside of inclement weather of course). I usually park in the back and walk and make it to the door before they do anyway.