Ladies, let's talk cellulite.

Options

Replies

• cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes! Dead sea salt baths! Totally, completely rejuvenates your skin, so long as you are still toning the fat and muscle underneath. You soak for 10-20 minutes. It does sting a little. I'm still at the beginning of trying it, but so far its going well. There are women who swear by it! You have to do it a couple times a week.

I've also been doing salt scrubs every so often. Not sure of its actual benefit, but I hear its good to replenish your shrinking skin with vitamins. I get mine from Trader Joes.

OILS! Look into the benefits of oils on skin! I bet avocado oil would do well for what I know about its benefits on the face (collagen wise) The beauty industry doesn't want us to know what miracle workers avocado oil, coconut oil, almond oil, castor oil, all are! Do you research in this department, I urge you. Its not very well accepted because most of the world would prefer to make a profit one way or another. Don't know which oil specifically would be best, but I'm guessing avocado.... if you can, get the kind made for your body.

Do you get the Dead Sea Salts at Trader Joe's? Is that what you use for the salt scrubs as well as the baths?? We don't have Trader Joe's around where I live but I guess I can google to see if I can find it somewhere else? I wanna try this =)

I have noticed a difference in my cellulite since I've lost weight but even more so since I've started drinking more water, I always try to drink at LEAST 64 oz a day, but aim for more, I read that you should take your weight and divide it in half and that's how much water you should drink in a day. Water is great anyways for EVERYTHING, skin included!! So drink up!

But I also agree that genetics play a big role, and we are WOMEN so it's natural to have some cellulite, unless you're one of the very FEW that is just blessed enough to not get it!! I unfortunately do not fall in that category, :cry: but the body of a woman is amazing, so i guess the best thing to do is embrace it?? :flowerforyou:
  • shutterbabe
    shutterbabe Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    lower your bf%
    and a little cellulite is attractive...at least to me
    [/quote]

WHAT!? There are men who actually think this way?? I must find one...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting! It has really helped my cellulite go away!
  • beachgirl10
    beachgirl10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great advice people, I am in the same boat and ishhh...
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Okay. So most of us have it. I am 22 years old and I never thought my cellulite could look this...lumpy. My husband says he doesn't even know what I'm talking about, but it's so difficult for me to even consider wiggling into a pair of shorts when the back of my legs looks like cottage cheese. Summertime is coming soon... :(

So. How do you deal with cellulite? Have you found an exercise that helps you minimize it? I want a long term solution. Lotions don't work, and I don't have the money for lipo, haha. I've started running daily...will that help?
    lower your bf%

Aaaaw I wish all men would say things like that!
  • beachgirl10
    beachgirl10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is what I have been doing and it has helped a lot. I've only been doing it for around a month so I'm excited to see long term results. First is walking and running. Both help shred fat in the legs and butt. Second is having my husband massage my thighs and butt every night before bed with some random lotion I have. He does a "deep tissue" massage for about a minute per leg. Third is water, water and more water. Try it for one month and see what happens. BTW, I walk for around an hour a day with my dog and do the C25K program 3 days a week. HTH :)

Wow, your husband is great!!! He should talk to mine! lol
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Strength training, running, loosing weight, good diet and plenty of water. No cellulite anymore, happened in less than 6 months, took a lot of hard work but it is worth it!
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting heavy (squats, deadlifts, lunges with around 140lbs +) and have noticed a huge change in my cellulite on my legs. I know it's from this as I've always drunk lots of water and I don't run or do a substantial amount of cardio. It's what has worked for me anyway.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Okay. So most of us have it. I am 22 years old and I never thought my cellulite could look this...lumpy. My husband says he doesn't even know what I'm talking about, but it's so difficult for me to even consider wiggling into a pair of shorts when the back of my legs looks like cottage cheese. Summertime is coming soon... :(

So. How do you deal with cellulite? Have you found an exercise that helps you minimize it? I want a long term solution. Lotions don't work, and I don't have the money for lipo, haha. I've started running daily...will that help?
    lower your bf%

Oh...I like you.

I wore shorts for the first time in years today because I have been so self conscious about the cellulite on the back of my thighs. It's gone away a lot with lifting and dieting but I'm sure it will always be there a little bit right near where my butt starts. lol I am learning to be okay with it. Thankfully my shorts aren't that short but swimsuit season is another story.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well since February i have been doing Jillian micheal's Ripped in 30, 30 Day Shred, and now I'm on her 6 pack 6 weeks. They have all helped my cellulite look. I have done all video's regulary, 6days a week with some cardio afterwards..at least 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill or elliptical. I have a HRM so I made sure I stayed in the calorie burn zone. I think Jillian was key! I wasn't perfect I did modifications and moved on not trying to be perfect. I have about 10 more pounds to lose and i'm so happy how I'm looking including the tone of my body. Good luck!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm working on mine through strength training. Deadlifts, squats, lunges, glute raises, etc. I've noticed my legs taking better shape for sure.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think doing the 30 day shred has helped. Walking has, too.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I deal with it by loving it the same way I love the rest of my body.
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    lower your bf%
    [/quote]

WHAT!? There are men who actually think this way?? I must find one...
    [/quote]

^
    AGREE!!!
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options

lower your bf%
    what??????????????? you are out of these world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: you are so amazing!!!!:laugh:
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    My cellulite has almost disappeared.
    I do a lot of leg workout and also have lowered my BF% to around 18 - 19%. According to my husband, he can't even see it anymore and girl friends have also asked how I got rid off them. My answer is eating clean and hard work. It didn't happen overnight.
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Like others, I've noticed when my bf % is lower the appearance is less severe
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is fat/ excess fat that being held in by bans and connective tissues. As our skin changes due to poor eating, aging, and neglecting to take care of our skin, it starts to thin or become less elastic like. The extra fat that we see bulging through the bans and connective tissues becomes more noticeable. Sense I've started eating healthy, doing leg curls, lunges, using they cybrex machine, doing extra cardio exercises and using a boar bushing on the back of my legs and belly; I have a huge change in the reduction of cellulite. My skin is tighter from generating new skin from using the boar brush and I also use Nivea Goodbye Cellulite which has L-Carnitine in it (helps tighten the skin and makes it firmer). This is what I learned in the past year so I done different techniques like these and it doesn't cost much of anything. Who knows if it was one or all of these that have made a difference but I do them all so good luck! Oh, and does it last long? Exercising the fat away and eating healthy is something that I plan to do for a long time so I'll say Yes!

bulgfat-1.jpg

secondbulges-2.jpg
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I have answered this question in a previous post. click on my posts under my thumbnail and check it out!!! I have gotten rid of mine, totally, before, as a big surprise to me. I had been a little heavy and had cellulite. Basically it get trapped in there, hard and dry, and seems to separate itself from your body's metabolism because it's trapped. Look at my post...:smile:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    My cellulite has almost disappeared.
    I do a lot of leg workout and also have lowered my BF% to around 18 - 19%. According to my husband, he can't even see it anymore and girl friends have also asked how I got rid off them. My answer is eating clean and hard work. It didn't happen overnight.
    Yess!! That's right...your body's metabolism will get around to it if you get that burn going...lymph massage also greatly aids...