Grocery List??

Options
Does anyone out there have a grocery list or any ideas of things to buy at the grocery store that are quick and easy and healthy for you? Like for example I buy those barber foods chicken breast with broccoli and cheese there not that bad for you but not that great and the steamfresh veggies that you just throw in the mic. and also the 40cal fudgsicles with only a couple grams of sugar. See my main problem is sugar i started eating things with fake sugar but i need a quick and easy snacks and stuff i can take on the subway with me any ideas? Thanx in advance my name is Alexia btw i am new here :)

Replies

• jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Yep, love steam fresh veggies

Eggs (hardboil them)

Cheese sticks

Fresh fruit/berries (have alot of sugar but not added/processed stuff)

Beef jerky (careful with sodium)

Nuts (careful with fats)
  • butterflygurl49651
    Options
    Yep, love steam fresh veggies

Eggs (hardboil them)

Cheese sticks

Fresh fruit/berries (have alot of sugar but not added/processed stuff)

Beef jerky (careful with sodium)

Nuts (careful with fats)

almonds are good for you - stay away from regular peanuts lol

I normally walk around in the store reading labels - I stick to low fat or light foods

veggies steamed are quickest for a snack or part of a meal

Organic salads with a light dressing or vinegar

turkey breast lunch meat

no bread... if you are going to do bread look for whole wheat - read the labels

I don't do bread, I switched to wheat tortillas

tuna fish in water is quick to fix as well, I usually have that in my tortilla for lunch
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    I am a big snacker at work, too, so I have to work to find good snacks.

The weight watchers smoked string cheese is awesome, and I LOVE the pepperjack cheese sticks!

Just discovered Terra Tai Basil Curry veggie chips. I LOVE them! And they have very little sodium for chips.

Almonds are great, and the dark chocolate coated ones are a really fun little indulgent snack.

Dried and freeze dried fruit is always good, as well as fresh fruit.

Yogurt, jello, and pudding cups.

they sell little packs of baby carrot sticks with individual small portions of ranch.

Also, check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com. Recipes like the blondie brownies you can make one evening and portion them out for the week. I just made some tonight and they are really good!
  • leetime4me
    leetime4me Posts: 20
    Options
    I mostly eat whole, clean foods and not processed..that idea of sticking to the outside isles of the store is so true! So many veggies and some fruit, boiled eggs. soups etc...soups are good for a quick snack to put in the microwave! Make a huge batch and divide into portioned containers:)
  • erikaleigh361
    erikaleigh361 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Today I went to the grocery store looking for something quick and easy to make for dinner. Found Joe's Crab Shack Talapia (there was also Mahi mahi, and Cod). It's a steam bag you pop in the microwave, feeds two people, and only has 340 calories per serving!! Includes veggies! It's my new fav!
  • maruuka
    maruuka Posts: 7
    Options
    i like passion fruits.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and greek yogurt...but make sure you get something good (like Fage) instead of a sugar bomb (like yoplait, chobani, etc).
  • xpanteragirlx
    Options
    thank you guys they all sound like awesome ideas I am def gonna try them when i go shopping on the 14th! Thank you for the yougurt hint I have been looking for greek yogurt wit lower sugar I dont understand why they make something healthy then kill it with all that sugar lol. They do it every damned time too :)
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Here is my grocery list for the weekend . . .

From the Farmer's Market:
    Carrots
    Red Potatoes
    Cantelope
    Asparagus
    Tomatoes
    Avacados
    Tangelos or Oranges
    Lemons
    Limes
    Onions
    Peppers
    Grapes
    Mushrooms
    Avacados
    Cucumbers
    Whatever else looks yummy or that my kids pick out

From the grocery store:
    Low sugar Heinz Ketchup
    12 Grain Bread
    Jiff Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
    Sugar Free Jelly
    Shaved Turkey Breast
    Part Skim Cheddar Cheese
    90/10 hamburger meat
    Lettuce in a bag
    Granulated Splenda
    Bran Cereal
    Special K Chocolately Delight Cereal
    Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk
    Yoplait Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    Bottled water for the gym
    Chicken breast
    Oscar Meyer Light Beef Hot Dogs
    Pork Tenderloin

:tongue:
  • LaSiciliana
    Options
    ppl have listed some great things... fruit, that's my go to snack.
    I also love kashi granola bars