Zumba?

Options
So! I'm contemplating on whether or not I should get Zumba. Does anyone have it? Has anyone used it? I would love to hear your reviews about it or success stories :)

Replies

• missmary221
    missmary221 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't have the DVD but do go to a class and it's AWESOME. Such great music, fast paced (and every instructor is different) and a huge calorie burner. Hopefully the DVD is similar?
  • deliamazilu
    Options
    I bought the dvd on impulse. I did a full hour work out maybe 20 times. It's fun and fast paced! After a while, i found it hard to keep the enthusiasm by myself. I also found it difficult to keep up with the jumping. I live in an apt so i was worried abt my neighbor. Now that my gym offers zumba classes, the practice i got at home sure paid off. I can keep up with the rest of the class and i know most of the steps. I prefer the class environment! Hope this helps!
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    lost most my weight with zumba on my wii and classes. i suggest either one those first to see if you like them before spend a great deal on dvds.
  • Fe1sty
    Fe1sty Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow that sounds pretty awesome! Zumba is on Wii?! I should definitely look into that if I'm going to get it..
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My sister in law is a Zumba instructor and has lost over 50 lbs doing Zumba. She is addicted to it! We don't live in the same area or I would go to her class. I have the DVD's and like the other poster said.... they are fun for a while but it's much better in the class environment. Our local Y offers classes and same with out Community Center. Look on the Zumba website, you will find classes in your area. It's a big party and so upbeat. No one cares if you can pick up the steps quickly or have two left feet... they just want to have fun.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    I go to a class, and i love it, so much. It is a positive, uplifting, class. I am addicted to it. I have problems loosing weight, cause I hqve health issues. But all the women that go have dropped so much weight. My bestie has dropped 60 pounds! so yea buy the dvds or join a class
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm totally sold on Zumba. I go to classes 3 times weekly and also have the dvds. I usually do the dvd on the weekend I have lost over 60 pounds since starting classes. Go for it!
  • lollaler
    lollaler Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i have the old zumba dvd, did it for a while & loved it but then i got a bit board of the same routine.. by the way i love dancing. guess its the same with any dvd really but i just found after a while zumba dvd never went in the player again.
    did it at the gym afterwards for about 6 weeks and loooovvveed it... so much fun with everyone.
    enjoy if you do buuy the dvds
  • Jenniriggins
    Jenniriggins Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba on XBox Kinect and I LOVE it! I reached my goal by alternating Zumba and the P90X videos.
  • jleeneps
    jleeneps Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the xbox 360 kinect zumba rush & absolutely. Love it. Starting my 4th week zumbaing and doing the app & I have lost 10 lbs.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    zumba is awesome! super fun. I'm literally the worse dancer in the class (I've stepped on countless people lol) but i don't even care! and its a great workout :)
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do zumba on my wii. Since having my 5th baby 6months ago ive lost 3.5 stone and dropped 3dress sizes. I def think it was the zumba as was quickest i've eva lost my bby weight. Ps its soooo much fun!x
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I want to start Zumba but every time I start moving and doing even little jumps somehow I end up jamming my ankle, or my knee hurts...it almost feels like I'm too heavy for it.

Those of you that have done it, were you already somewhat in shape/lighter when you started? Or did you find that your body adjusted? Last thing I want is to go once, blow an ankle and be out of commission 6-8 weeks.
  • Fe1sty
    Fe1sty Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 35 lbs so Im thinking Zumba is the real way to go then! Those success stories are so inspiring. Thankyou!
  • whit1108
    whit1108 Posts: 94
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!! I have dropped all my weight from doing zumba. Its a great workout, face paced, and good cardio and burn lots of calories. I do have the Zumba for the xbox and the dvd's. They are good and i did they for awhile but something about being in a class with other people and stuff just makes it much more fun and you push yourself more than you would at home by urself. I would recommened you go to a class and do zumba if you have the time.
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love it I prefer the classes but if I can't make it the I pull up Zumba videos on YouTube.
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    Zumba is the best thing ever. I LOOOOOVE it! Bally's Fitness only offers the class twice a week, so I am looking for other classes. I would love to do zumba 5-6 times a week! I have never done the dvds.
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have the DVDs but to be honest they just sit. I take three different classes during the week and it's so much more fun than by yourself watching/doing the DVDs....Now I wished instead of the $100 I spent for those my husband could have given $100 towards Zumba classes!!
  • jackieb1977
    jackieb1977 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i have never tried the dvd's or the game versions but i do go to a class, and i love em. im over 200lbs but never feel self concious or out of place. my class has woman from 16 up to approx 65, its fun and i burn calories what more can you ask?/:smile:
  • cwilhelm40
    cwilhelm40 Posts: 9
    Options
    Zumba is on both wii and xbox 360 kinect