Retrying MFP and needing some motivation/support

Options
Hey Everyone !

I am now trying this website again, went on it a long time ago and had a bit of success with it, but then i was around friends who would always have bad food and bad habits around me and did not have enough fight or will power in me to avoid caving. April 1st i hit a wall and decided that it was time to quit making excuses for my behaviour and others, and that in order for me to be happy with myself i needed to get back into shape. I have been working out for a month, and sadly when i stepped on the scale i was only down one pound, needless to say, that was a rough day, after working out so hard (4-5 times a week at the gym) and eating better, so i have rejoined on here. Hoping that this combined with the gym will help me. It was great to see some message boards about peoples first month weigh in's and to see that i was not alone. I see so many motivational people and so much inspiration and strength that i KNOW this time will be different, because i want my life to be changed. I want to be able to wear a nice bathing suit and feel comfortable, or to be able to shop at any 'normal' store, not always at a plus size store. When I was younger i always thought i was a larger girl, now that i look back, i would give anything to go back to that weight. I am currently at 249 and my ideal weight would be 175. Feels saddening to type out those numbers, but its time to face the facts and those are them. Lots of my friends are either small (don't go to the gym) or have bad eating habits and are not very motivated. My boyfriend has been an amazing support and is my rock whether it is helping cook healthy meals, going to the gym with me, or motivating me to go for a walk even on my lowest of days. I am looking for some new people for motivation and support on here, so if anyone needs someone to lean on, or if someone out there is willing to have someone else lean on them for some extra support add me laurakjaworski

to everyone who have come so far already with their weight loss journey, you are truly an inspiration and i cant wait till i am able to post -25 pounds, or down 50 pounds. Anyways, i guess i needed a good little vent, hope some of you read this. have a great day :)

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Stick with it and soon you will see some good losses. It takes a while to make good habits they don't happen overnight. Every time you want to not go to the gym or want to stop at fast food remember why you are doing it. That has gotten me to the point I am at and is something that I have to remember every day. Bad choices got me here and good choices will get me out of here.
  • laurakjaworski
    Options
    thanks so much for replying ! today has been one of those days, and reading your message definitely boosted my spirits a bit !! feel free to add me onto mfp if you want !
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Here's my two cents, for what its worth... I am 38, have never exercised... have eaten everything I could get my hand on forever, adn made every excuse why I couldnt just do it...

And one day, something snapped... and I hated myself. I havent looked back since. You either want this more than anything and do it when you dont want to... or you just day dream about being better... PERIOD... my new motto- JUST DO IT... not matter what!
  • tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I wrote this a while back and may be applicable:

Having a goal is crucial, we all can agree but we often forget what is "normal" when chasing goals. You will have successes but we need to acknowledge that we will have failures and setbacks. We have visions of greatness and there's nothing that can stop us when we begin our journey, then you live life and reality kicks in. Knowing there is a real possibility of failing from time to time will help you logically and emotionally cope and will get you back on track alot quicker. Without that realization, there's a tendancy to self-sabotage and highlight that moment beyond what it really is. We are on the right track and that's what matters. You will succeed as long as you are in the fight despite a stumble along the way.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    you can add me as a friend!