looking at yourself in the mirror

Options
george29223
george29223 Posts: 556 Member
first off wow at all sucess everyone is having, my question is how much did you lose before you noticed you lost weight just by looking in the mirror its almost weird how the mind works most people cant recall how thin they looked while skinny or heavy they looked while heavy but can picture somones else whole body while just picturing it in your mind but its about impossible to picture yourself in your mind lolll its amazing what you think about when your about to starve to death with the evening hunger bored monster poking you lol

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I probably didn't notice until recently and I'm close to my goal. I think you're going to be more critical on yourself than everyone else so it was hard for me to see a difference without a side by side picture.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I first started to notice the difference in my body when I lost 20 pounds & gone one size smaller. Then when I start to lift heavy, I also saw a very different me at the mirror, no longer the flabby, shapeless me but the one with a more toned hourglassy body, abs & some muscle definition. These despite gaining 2 pounds.
  • bunnzye2
    bunnzye2 Posts: 56
    Options
    I noticed a difference when I lost 15. I didnt lose anything else, and I started imagining that I looked the way I did before I lost it.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It took me a good two months (10 lbs) before I could SEE a difference (without clothes on). Even though I had gone down sizes in clothes...it's funny how the mind works. I think I used to THINK I used to look like I do now, which is weird.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    take pictures.........mirrors lie, the lighting, the angles you can turn and twist, pictures dont lie. they also serve as a record of where you have come from. I dont feel any different at all, though i have lost over 80lbs total. But at about 50 lost i would mistake myself in a mirror from time to time.
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    I've lost 80 lbs so far, and sometimes I catch my reflection in the mirror and think "wow" but that's not often - mostly I only notice how big of a change in myself there's been when I see pictures other people have taken of me! It's really weird, actually.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I posted something on my page yesterday. I am so struggling with seeing myself as changing! I finally went down a pant size... so i know that I am losing, but for the life of me- I cant SEE it.

I have only lost 15 pounds, but thats almost halfway to my goal. I find it a constant struggle, somedays, I cant quit looking at myself and feeling OVERLY confident. and others I feel like I have made very little progress. All of my friends that have lost a lot of weight say this is completely normal.

Great job BTW!
  • treeeee
    treeeee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started at 178lbs and although I was dropping clothing sizes, I didn't really notice a difference until about 140-145lbs (about 40lbs lost). Now at around 126-128 I am pretty happy with the way I look, but if I look hard enough I can still see me the way I was and I get really self conscious.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!