anybody in the dallas area?

Options
trying to find some new local friends!
i would love to hear about some of the things you guys like to do around the area and yeah.. =)

(of course i like friends from all over, so i'd be glad to 'meet' you no matter where youre from lol)

Replies

• mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    Me! Me! Can't say I have many suggestions for the area, though...just moved here not too long ago!
  • wildrosekasey
    wildrosekasey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've lived on the outskirts for forever and STILL dont know things to do haha
    BUT i love meeting new people anyway =)
  • rhollas
    rhollas Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in Flower Mound, a suburb of Dallas. There's a lot to do around the metroplex. It just depends on your interests.
  • wildrosekasey
    Options
    it seems like there are tons of ways and places to get out and active, i always like to hear what other people like. i get stuck in my rut and routine sometimes and need a shake up.
  • rhollas
    Options
    I understand the rut. I'm currently sitting in the middle of a big one. Motivation seems to escape me these days. I've got to get back on track and get the rest of the weight off.

Active.com is a good place to check out races around here. Unfortunately, I don't make myself use it near like I should.
  • wildrosekasey
    Options
    i'm in the same boat. motivation is SO hard to come by lately.

i did just do a super fun mud run in forney. definitely way outside my usual rut!
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    I am in Las Colinas and soo many people bike around here. Would love to strap a kid's seat on a bike for my little guy and go, but doesn't seem too practical in the summer.
  • wildrosekasey
    Options
    thats another thing - the heat.
    can't believe its already here =(
  • rhollas
    Options
    I wanted to do the Warrior Dash, but the timing just wasn't good. I have two kids that both play sports. It can wreak havoc on Saturdays.