SUGAR CRAVINGS

Options
Does anyone have HORRIBLE sugar cravings like I do? If so--does anyone have any great suggestions for how to stop them?

Someone recommended Gymnema or Gumar. Has anyone tried them?

THANKS

Replies

• funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • maruuka
    maruuka Posts: 7
    Options
    eat fruit high in sugar. that way you get sugar, but it's good sugar.
  • serenitymay1995
    serenitymay1995 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried Gumar and it totally worked. If you take a pill and then try to eat chocolate or something seet it tastes like there is no sugar in it and tastes awful so I put it down cuz I wanted the sugary taste.
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wats Gumar a supplement
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I better order some Gumar then! :smile:

I have found that the more sugar I eat then more I crave. I'm better off just not eating any and after a few days the cravings will reduce dramatically.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    That's some language I don't speak.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I just had a craving for See's dark chocolate peppermints, but I didn't have any left. I DID, however, have 200 calories and 20 minutes until See's closed remaining, so I got in my car, drove there, and solved my craving.

In all seriousness, though, apple cider vinegar can cure your sugar cravings, but it is gross, I warn you. 3T 2-3 times a day. Follow with a large glass of water.

Or try brushing your teeth with strong minty toothpaste.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Raisins totally work for me. I eat one of those mini snack boxes and the craving disappears!
  • kattyb86
    kattyb86 Posts: 4
    Options
    Cottage cheese with a small amount of diet jelly crystals sprinkled through
  • attacksquirrel2
    Options
    Have you tried cutting out sugar and fake sugar completely? Including fruit juices? It sucks at first - the first couple weeks will be hell - but it works. I lost about 10% of my body weight when I did that alone. After a long time out of the habit, I've been able to safely introduce it back in small quantities - in the form of one daily serving of fruit or dark chocolate. But it took completely breaking the habit to kill the cravings.