Do you enter your calories or....

Options
I was just wondering how many ppl let MFP calculate thier calories? I just realized that I had set my own calories goal on here for 1400 so i went and updated it and let MFP calculate it and its way more than I would have expected, but it says i should loose 10 lbs by June 10th!

Replies

• jesscod
    jesscod Posts: 98
    Options
    I let MFP calculate my calories at first and I had the opposite problem as you. In order to lose just 1 lb a week, MFP said I needed to eat a mere 1200 calories! I did this for a couple of weeks but I found myself super hungry all the time so I went on these forums and found that its more accurate to calculate your TDEE (total daily expenditure) - 20%. if you search TDEE in the forums you will find lots of good info. Another way to do it is by finding a BMR calculator and calculate how much you need to eat if you were laying in bed resting all day, and eat about 100-200 calories more than that.

Also, eat back your exercise calories! Hope this helps :)
  • jaimielee317
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah i did a TDEE calculator just to see what it would say and its about the same that MFP says. So maybe I will go with what it has calculated for me and see if anything changes.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am lazy so I let MFP calculate my calories. Worked for me.
  • jaimielee317
    Options
    :smile: thanks i'm getting excited now lol
  • OSUgal03
    OSUgal03 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I let MFP figure it out for me. I have it set for a one pound loss.