HELP out of control :(

Options
I was doing good for a long time and just fell off the wagon! I have hit a all time high with my weight :( I hurt my knee and had to stop working out but I also stopped eating healthy! I just don't know how to get back motivated like I was! Anyone go through this? How did you get yourself back going???

Replies

• Hey I have a solution for you that would help you out, its working for me. private message me and we can chat private
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    one day at a time...just have to start again. Good God, i have done this some many times, one would think I knew what I was doing. THIS time we will get it right...on the path....get on the path....here, let me help you *extends hand*
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Hey I have a solution for you that would help you out, its working for me. private message me and we can chat private
    Does it involve HCG?

Or body by Vi?
  • Julielynn83
    Julielynn83 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was doing so good eating clean and I hate how I think sometimes all or nothing kind of person!!! And I would never try HCG!
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ah relapse... I am digging myself out of mine. First admit it, forgive yourself and move on. Start recording everything that you eat. That'll get you in the habit and show you were you can improve. Then make a plan of action. Change one thing at a time and celebrate each success! But please don't dwell on the relapse...look ahead to the future and appreciate each step you take! You are worth the hard work! Good luck and add me if you want!

17103848.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Hey I have a solution for you that would help you out, its working for me. private message me and we can chat private
    Yeah that sounds legit.
  • KathB1973
    KathB1973 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sounds sus
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I was doing good for a long time and just fell off the wagon! I have hit a all time high with my weight :( I hurt my knee and had to stop working out but I also stopped eating healthy! I just don't know how to get back motivated like I was! Anyone go through this? How did you get yourself back going???

just keep reminding yourself on reasons why you want be healthy and lose weight. i'm also a HUGE believer in creative visualization, so I have several images that remind me of what my goals are.

just remember that as long as you are committed to your goals, that commitment can very often take the slack when motivation fails.
  • Julielynn83
    Options
    Its funny cause I was so down on myself I didn't even come on here for a couple of days cause I didn't want to face it!!! It helps to come on here and admit to myself and friends what I am going through!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Does it involve HCG?

Or body by Vi?

Looks like it
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    I feel off the wagon for 3-4months. The way you get back on track is eat whatever you want but log it. So you're aware of what you're doing. Lets say you consumed 2,500 calories a day, tomorrow shoot for 2,250 and so on... work your way down to what you where doing. Once you're there, clean up your diet.

I like this idea. Couple it with a couple of trips to the gym a week with varied intensity and increase steadily as well. There is the could turkey option also, start nailing it hard again, full conviction, the obsession/addiction will return. It works for alcoholics and smokers, it should work for other addictive personalities as well. :smile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

IT'S A TRAP!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I really don't know. I've lost the plot a bit for the last few weeks (months maybe?) and the scales are showing it.
    I've tried to keep logging even when I eat junk and work on the theory that at least a few good days a week are better than none....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
    c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.
  • Julielynn83
    Options
    I feel off the wagon for 3-4months. The way you get back on track is eat whatever you want but log it. So you're aware of what you're doing. Lets say you consumed 2,500 calories a day, tomorrow shoot for 2,250 and so on... work your way down to what you where doing. Once you're there, clean up your diet.

I like this idea. Couple it with a couple of trips to the gym a week with varied intensity and increase steadily as well. There is the could turkey option also, start nailing it hard again, full conviction, the obsession/addiction will return. It works for alcoholics and smokers, it should work for other addictive personalities as well. :smile:

I love working out and going to the gym so I hate when I get in a funk like this and stop! I am so much happier when I am eating healthy and working out!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    First admit it, forgive yourself and move on. Start recording everything that you eat. That'll get you in the habit and show you were you can improve. Then make a plan of action. Change one thing at a time and celebrate each success! But please don't dwell on the relapse...look ahead to the future and appreciate each step you take!

Good advice
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It has happened to me a lot. I am hoping this time is "the time" But I have been there. One thing that is a comfort is "Your muscles have a memory." It does not take too long to get back to where you once were Another thing is to try and stay in the "now." Don't focus too much on where you want to be far in the future or where you were in the past. Instead, decide youw ant to be healthy "today." Take things one day at a time. Force yourself to "just do it." Even if at first it is 15 or 20 minutes a day just to gain momentum it is better than nothing. Log your calories even if at first you are not eating healthy just tp become aware again. Slowly, you will get back to where you were. Celebrate each day that you are healthy and every healthy choice you make! You can do it
  • Julielynn83
    Options
    I really don't know. I've lost the plot a bit for the last few weeks (months maybe?) and the scales are showing it.
    I've tried to keep logging even when I eat junk and work on the theory that at least a few good days a week are better than none....

I will log but sometimes I just dont even bother when I know I have gone overboard! Like I don't want to face it
  • HEATHERMRLS25
    Options
    Don't give up. Remember why you are here in the first place. You have to stay focased on your goal and what you really want to look like. If you give up now by the time you might would have started back again you could have already been at your goal or at least on your way to it. Don't give up. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
    c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.

Shouldn't this go for all the "beach body coaches" on here, too who disguise themselves as friends only to eventually PM you to buy exercise tapes and shakes? Sorry, I just had to add that in. It annoys me.