has any woman here gone from obease to body builder?

Options
I am working out, dieting and really into it. Motivation = divorce (cheating husband and wanting to be healthy). I do not have a personal trainer but would like to know if anyone has done this. I want some guns!

Replies

• rachelmommy1
    Options
    I am so in your boat!!!!!!!! LOL
    I've only lost 20lbs so far but i'm kicking it into high gear now.
    That's almost the best motivation EVER!!!!!
    I know it can be done, i've seen it happen.
    Good luck!!!!
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    First of all, GOOD FOR YOU! :drinker: Sometimes we have to be shocked into wanting to change ourselves for us.

Secondly, I am so sorry to hear of your divorce and it's reasoning....although I am sure many of us can relate :angry:

You should check out bodybuilder.com some of these women have gone from 250lbs to 130lb and hard as iron :noway:

The way I see it....anything is possible if you put your mind to it! Just keep in mind that this transformation and lifestyle change takes time...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

All the best!!:heart:
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I am no body builder and I am working on my "guns". I am doing ChaLean Extreme and LOVE IT!!! I have seen MAJOR muscle difference and i am only in my second month of the three month program.

Anything is possible and you can do it if you put your mind to it!!!

Good Luck to you!!!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm have been working out with a trainer 3 days a week since July. I can't believe how much it shows in different parts of my body. One good thing about having a trainer is it really gets you motivated even more than you already are.
  • April0815
    Options
    bump
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I'm have been working out with a trainer 3 days a week since July. I can't believe how much it shows in different parts of my body. One good thing about having a trainer is it really gets you motivated even more than you already are.
    agreed!!! Too bad that my first 3 sessions were free and now i have to pay for it...sadly I'm a college student still and working part time so there's no way I can afford it right now..

when I was in high school I would got the weightroom in my free time and just lift weights with the coach there...he wanted me to get into professional body building...but i never did. :ohwell:
  • April0815
    Options
    agreed!!! Too bad that my first 3 sessions were free and now i have to pay for it...sadly I'm a college student still and working part time so there's no way I can afford it right now..

when I was in high school I would got the weightroom in my free time and just lift weights with the coach there...he wanted me to get into professional body building...but i never did. :ohwell:

I signed up for 36 sessions (3 months). I will probably sign up for another 36 week session when I'm done. I want to make sure I know what I am doing.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I have begun to seriously pursue bodybuilding. I am working on the big weights, not just the machines. You should see the looks I get over in the big boys section :laugh: . My goal is to be proud of my naked body, in addition to losing the 35 pounds I need to. A lot of people say...don't expect to ever get like the top fitness models look...and I just want to prove them wrong. Plus, I'm an old fart and it infuriates me that people think being 40+ means you are automatically lumpy and feeble. BS!!
  • cdgibson1
    cdgibson1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? I would love to be muscular. Not like a frog but lookin like I could handle myself. How did you get started? What is your routine? I am doing WW, lifting 5 times a week and cardio 7 times a week.