The Greatest Movie of All Time Tourney, Action's Title Match

Options
tsh0ck
tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
(Intro from the initial thread:)

OK. Here's the deal. Being a little bored, being a movie nerd and having a little extra time, I've built a few brackets. The idea is to, eventually, crown the Greatest Movie of All Time. (Hence the thread title.)

First, these are the movies I happened to choose. Some good ones got left out. Some that you think are good aren't thought good by the masses or, more importantly, by me -- since, well, I made the bracket. And you may then disagree with the seedings, too. And that's fair. But just play along, if you're interested. Could be fun.

Reply on the thread with the seeds and names of your winners of each pairing. I'll let the first round go for a while, then add up the votes and post the winners/next round's pairings.

Not represented in this particular tournament are the 'smaller' genres, like war, western, documentary, etc. And, sorry international MFPers, I didn't go foreign, either. So consider this The Greatest (American) Movie of All Time Bracket Tourney, I suppose.

The four genre regions are Comedy, Action, Sci-Fi/Fantasy and Drama/Thriller. Winners of each region will be determined, starting with Comedy, and then will pair off for the Final Four. Comedy will face Drama/Thriller, Action will meet Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

And to spark more discussion, feel free to give your reasons for some of your choices!

Comedy's region has a winner; the genre will be represented in the Final Four by Monty Python: Holy Grail. Now, it's time for Action which will be followed by Sci-Fi/Fantasy, for those looking ahead.

ACTION REGION: CHAMPIONSHIP

(1) Die Hard vs. (2) Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Raiders
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    (Sci-Fi/Fantasy will be posted, probably, tomorrow. as soon as we crown a winner here.)
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. That is a tough tough choice. I'm gonna have to go with >Die Hard< because it is a bit darker. Sorry Mr. Spielberg.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Die Hard
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Die Hard -- Yippie Ki Yay MF!!!!!! My fave movie quote of all time!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options

(2) Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

No contest here.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO CONTEST on this end! My vote??

TOP GUN!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

OK, OK... Honest Vote: INDIANA JONES!!
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options

No contest here.

I totally agree!

Mr. Ford gets my vote, 100%
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

• SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    (Sci-Fi/Fantasy will be posted, probably, tomorrow. as soon as we crown a winner here.)

Yay! Can't wait!
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    See these are two movies that have like an emotional attachment me. I used to watch Die Hard with my dad, it was good bonding. But for as along as I can remember I wanted to be an Archaeologist (thanks to Dr. Jones) so I am going to have to say Indiana Jones (although I really love the Last Crusade more.
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    Gotta go with Indy; sorry Bruce.
  • RideaYeti
    RideaYeti Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Man this is tough. Die Hard (and Die Hard 2) was on AMC tonght and it is a fun movie. But I have to go with Raiders of the Lost Ark. You just can't beat melting Nazis...

Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Die Hard
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    would like a few more in, folks ... and then the next region.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    oh, and my vote, obviously, is for the top-seeded movie ... which also serves to be one of the best christmas movies of all time. right up there with national lampoon and the gremlins.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Die Hard
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    I'll let this run through tomorrow, then post next region.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    Just no love at all on this one, huh?