Any zummba sucess stories?

Options
I am doing Zumba and curves... I would like to see some success stories involving zumba or because of zumba to help motivate me a little more. Pictures would be awesome... or just a few sentences if you don’t have pics... Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Shevaun619
    Shevaun619 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for approx 4 months. Combined with strength training and healthy eating,I have lost 40 lbs. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! It's the only cardio that I have ever done that I am not checking the time to see how much longer before I have to stop. In June I plan on going to get my certification to become an instructor myself. I definitely recommend it. And though the videos and Zumba games are good, there's nothing like being in the class. Best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • mybella2011
    mybella2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do different exercises but my zumba videos are my main workouts and with healthier eating i have lost over 30lbs in a little over 2mnths. If u enjoy dance it is very fun which is motivating because u look forward to doing it =)
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I do zumba 5x a week as well as curves 5x a week. I also walk 3 miles a day. See I manage a curves facility. LET ME TELL YOU. I have lost 80 pounds in about 9 months. Weight management program as well as the exercise has changed my life. I would put photos up but I am having issues.
  • susieqa6699
    susieqa6699 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am a big ZUMBA fan. I jointed MFP like two days after I started Zumba - March 12. As of today I have lost 23 lbs and 2 lbs prior to my starting MFP for a total of 25lbs. I do zumba 3-4x a week. I don't look at the clock, and I HATE cardio workouts....HATE them.I also do a yoga ball class with weights.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I was with Curves for one year.
    Never lost a lb.
    Even increased the number of times around the track.

Left Curves, went to a gym.

Went to Zumba class 1-2 x a week, had trouble with leg cramps, once I got that fixed (diet tonic water), I now go to 4-5 Zumba classes per week.
    The 1st month I did 4 classes a week I lost 7 lbs (feb), but remember making muscle might not necessarily lose lbs quickly.

I also went on a low fat / low carb diet, from that I've lost 30 lbs.

The hopping & running from Zumba makes my knee's hurt, so instead I walk in place.
    But I now also do exercise bike, and leg lifts to strengthen my legs.
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just hit my 25 pound weight loss because of Zumba. It makes me enjoy burning off the calories. I don't have any pics right now, but I have lost inches from my stomach and I am fitting into my clothes from 2008:)
  • heatsy
    heatsy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started taking zumba classes in January of 2011 when my youngest was 7 weeks old. I was going roughly 2-3 times a week at that point, plus working out with a trainer 3 days a week. In June of last year I got my B1 liscence (whoever said they are getting their "certification", we are not CERTIFIED we are LISCENCED), and started teaching in September 2011. I currently teach 4 adult zumba classes a week and 1 zumbatomic class a week (ages 10-14). I have also since completed my B2, Gold, Toning, Zumbatomic trainings, and I will be doing Aqua in July. During the past 16 months, I have lost 50 lbs, thanks in part to zumba. I've gone from a size 14 or so (I was still wearing maternity clothes mostly at this point, so not totally sure) to a size 6. It makes up the vast majority of my cardio these days!

I'm at work right now and don't have access to pics-I'll try to come back and post some tonight.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I use the Zumba Fitness game for Wii at least twice a week for 45 minutes and I've lost 7 pounds in less than a month. I also walk a lot, but I've always done a lot of walking so I'd say the weight loss had a lot to do with Zumba.
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Shevaun619
    Shevaun619 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started taking zumba classes in January of 2011 when my youngest was 7 weeks old. I was going roughly 2-3 times a week at that point, plus working out with a trainer 3 days a week. In June of last year I got my B1 liscence (whoever said they are getting their "certification", we are not CERTIFIED we are LISCENCED), and started teaching in September 2011. I currently teach 4 adult zumba classes a week and 1 zumbatomic class a week (ages 10-14). I have also since completed my B2, Gold, Toning, Zumbatomic trainings, and I will be doing Aqua in July. During the past 16 months, I have lost 50 lbs, thanks in part to zumba. I've gone from a size 14 or so (I was still wearing maternity clothes mostly at this point, so not totally sure) to a size 6. It makes up the vast majority of my cardio these days!

I'm at work right now and don't have access to pics-I'll try to come back and post some tonight.

Oh my bad, thanks for the correction. Now I know! As a Licensed Zumba Instructor I really look forward to helping others reach their firness goals as my instructors have helped me. Plus it'll keep me on my game as well :)
  • heatsy
    Options

Oh my bad, thanks for the correction. Now I know! As a Licensed Zumba Instructor I really look forward to helping others reach their firness goals as my instructors have helped me. Plus it'll keep me on my game as well :)

no prob-hope that didn't come across as too rude. I just figure that if you're going to be looking for a job, you should sound like you know what you're talking about. It's not a certification because we don't have to take any types of test, or meet any particular standard-basically Zumba is just giving you permission to use their name for your classes, if that makes sense.

But, yes, I love that I can help get people up off the couch and MOVING! my mom is 55 and hadn't done much exercise in the past few years, and she now goes to zumba 3 or 4 times a week!
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    ooh i just started zumba yesterday! this gives me hope that it really does work! i was pouring sweat within the first couple minutes! ever since starting MFP and working out 5x a week i'm already down 10.2 lbs! (and that's only since april 29) yay! i'm feeling good. i'll definitely keep up the zumba
  • msmissylowe
    msmissylowe Posts: 51
    Options
    I started MFP the beginning of January. I started going to Zumba in February and have lost a total of 30 pounds so far this year. I go to Zumba 4 days a week and walk 2 days a week. I attribute so much of this to eating well and pretty clean, and my Zumba class. If you have one to go to, I highly recommend it and feel that in the end I will be a Zumba and MFP success story :)
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba since I started working out last January. I take it 4-5 times a week as my main cardio. My waist is smaller now than it has been in years and I am currently 90 pounds down(as of this morning) My pics are up in another post titles 88 pounds lost. I would recommend it to anyone!
  • zumbaabby
    zumbaabby Posts: 59
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba since January of 2010. At that point I weighed around 300 pounds...and I am currently bouncing between 195-200. I had gotten down to 185 at one point, but I'm not teaching as many classes as i was previously. you can see all the pictures on my profile if you add me...the bigger pictures and the one of me in the pink shirt is at my smallest. I currently teach 4 classes a week, and it's my addiction!
  • heatsy
    Options
    back with pics as promised! The first pic was taken in December 2010, about a month after baby #2 was born. I think I was about 188 or 189 here:
    IMG-20101222-00043-1.jpg

second picture was taken in March 2012 (so 15 months later), and I was about 140:
    zumba6.jpg
  • ivetteo21
    ivetteo21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    back with pics as promised! The first pic was taken in December 2010, about a month after baby #2 was born. I think I was about 188 or 189 here:
    IMG-20101222-00043-1.jpg

second picture was taken in March 2012 (so 15 months later), and I was about 140:
    zumba6.jpg

love your results! i try to go to zumba at least 4 times a week for an hour, you think that's good enough?
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 60lbs doing Zumba. Love it!!!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Heatsy...U look AWESOME!!!! Congrats on the phenomanal transformation!!!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    doing zumba over a year. love it. lost 25 pounds because of it. and its stayed off. been maintaining for over a year. gives me lots of energy and ive never been healthier or more fit. i got to my goal weight healthy and ive never been so small. im now a size 4 without starving myself and this exercise has helped me. i do it every day. i dont know how to put up pics, but if you want to, you can look at my profile pics and see the new me and the one with my son is the before pic. although im sure my profile pic is true. haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!