Any zummba sucess stories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Misalayne
    Misalayne Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I recently had surgery and am scheduled for another next week. Once my 6 week healing time is up,the first thing I'm doing is joining Curves Cicuit Training with Zumba. I am so impressed with the results I have seen and read about! I will be one of those success stories!
    :happy:
  • Misalayne
    Misalayne Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    back with pics as promised! The first pic was taken in December 2010, about a month after baby #2 was born. I think I was about 188 or 189 here:
    IMG-20101222-00043-1.jpg

second picture was taken in March 2012 (so 15 months later), and I was about 140:
    zumba6.jpg

This is what I'm talking about and how I want to look! You were beautiful before your weight loss, but even more so after! Strong, and fit.
  • Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 lbs since I started Zumba a year ago. I love it! I want to get certified to teach one day! :)
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Ive lost most of the weight I have lost due to zumba and went down 4 pants sizes!!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba DVDs at home and will admit as a classically trained dancer when I was younger, it's fun, but the choreography kinda sucks. I do find myself looking at the time, wanting the DVDs to be over as soon as I hit Play lol. The classes are super fun, but get a good instructor. The instructor at the gym I went to sucked - her routines are the same every class, and the music/DVDs for ZIN members especially the older stuff kinda is boring. There are newer songs like Top 40 that are pretty good, but I don't have a membership anymore. :[ I would go just to go and dance. But have fun!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I started going to Curves and doing Zumba in mid-January. I had already lost 9 lbs before starting. Since then, I have lost 28 lbs more! I do Curves Smart about 3x week and Curves Zumba weekly. I also do Wii Zumba at least 2x a week.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba with strength training and recording all my food in MFP and I have lost 20lbs in 4 months. Remember slow and steady wins therace. Are you eating enough calories including your excercise calories? I check everyday to make sure I am reaching my goal. Some days I am a little short and then some days I am so busy I am alot short. When I am a lot short on reaching the caolrie goal I gain weight and my blood sugar goes up. So hang in there. My hubby gave me 12 sessions with a personal trainer for my birthday. What a great guy!!!
  • HisJellyBean
    HisJellyBean Posts: 112
    Options
    back with pics as promised! The first pic was taken in December 2010, about a month after baby #2 was born. I think I was about 188 or 189 here:
    IMG-20101222-00043-1.jpg

second picture was taken in March 2012 (so 15 months later), and I was about 140:
    zumba6.jpg

Amazing!!
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    I just started doing Zumba. I have the wii game and have started attending classess. I highly recommend the classes, big difference when your doing it with real people. The classes are a lot of fun! With no fitness or dance experience you can still do it. Its good for people of all ages and fitness levels. The workouts get you moving and sweating, it is definitely a legit workout. But it is also a lot of fun, the hour class goes by so fast!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I joined Curves so that I could take the Zumba classes since they're the only local classes around. I LOVE it - they have it three times a week. The only thing I don't like is they are only 30 minute classes. One thing I do know is that Curves itself doesn't do much - working very hard (I've had people comment), the most I've burned (always wearing my HRM) in a 30 minute circuit is around 177 cals, but mostly its a lot lower. The Zumba classes I burn anywhere from 177-205 cals, depending on the teacher. I think it's a great addition to other exercise, but I wouldn't do Curves/Zumba as my sole exercise. Zumba is DEFINITELY addictive!!! I would go every day if I could get to their two daytime classes!
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: ZUMBA!!!

I started MFP and Zumba around February of 2011. I had lost about 10 pounds before I started MFP. The picture is around a 40 pound loss total. I stopped trying so hard with the food for a while and gained some back. :angry:

Zumba has been an awesome burn for me - I can't deny it. Still - don't forget that we have to confuse our bodies and throw something different in here and there. Our bodies are excellent at adapting...

Jules%2BOct%2B10-11%2Bside%2Bby%2Bside%2B2.jpg

I still have a lot to lose - but I am working it off!!
  • ellesoul
    ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I joined Curves so that I could take the Zumba classes since they're the only local classes around. I LOVE it - they have it three times a week. The only thing I don't like is they are only 30 minute classes. One thing I do know is that Curves itself doesn't do much - working very hard (I've had people comment), the most I've burned (always wearing my HRM) in a 30 minute circuit is around 177 cals, but mostly its a lot lower. The Zumba classes I burn anywhere from 177-205 cals, depending on the teacher. I think it's a great addition to other exercise, but I wouldn't do Curves/Zumba as my sole exercise. Zumba is DEFINITELY addictive!!! I would go every day if I could get to their two daytime classes!

just curious... these cal burn numbers seem extremely LOW... which HRM are you using? How long are your Zumba sessions? Typical Zumba classes are an hour and put the typical persons heart rate in cardio zone which usually leads to at LEAST 300+ cals per session (even for super fit folks)
  • HisJellyBean
    HisJellyBean Posts: 112
    Options

Curves for me is more of a bigginer muscle building thing lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!