Dropping Sizes?

Options
I'm very confused right now and really disappointed. I have lost 29 lbs and I have barely dropped one pant size. I know everyone loses weight differently but I thought by now I would see a difference. I feel like physically there has not been any changes, it has just been all on the scales. I am proud of myself for the weight loss but this really puts a damper on things. Just wondering what other experiences people could share with me? How long before you dropped sizes/or how many pounds lost? Thanx!

Replies

• rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The bigger you are, the more weight you have to lose before dropping a size. I think it took me around 30 pounds to get from a size 16 to a 14, and about 20 to go from a 14 to a 12, and then only like 15 or so to get to a 10. Once you get under double digit sizes it's more like 5-10 pounds, I believe
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    It took me 18lbs to drop from a 16 to a 14. But I've lost 5 inches in my waist and absolutely none in my hips (which I'm hoping changes soon). I find it really helpful to measure myself every week as another way of tracking my progress.

Do your clothes fit better? With such a big loss, I'm sure there is a difference in your body somewhere! And maybe it's just about to catch up with you. I've been steadily losing about 2lbs a week for 10 weeks and people are just now noticing. It can take time!
  • NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have lost 22 pounds so far and haven't dropped a size in my clothing yet. My clothes are a bit baggy but not enough to go down a size. The only thing that I could go down a size in is my bra :-(

But I am trying to lose 140 pounds so maybe the idea of needing to lose more with the bigger sizes is correct.
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs with no change in clothing size. Has me wondering exactly how tight I was wearing my pants. Coming up on 25 lbs now and I think I'll soon drop from 14-12. Waists are big (always have been). Now the hips and butt are falling in line. I was 200 lbs to start.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It probably depends on where you carry weight or lose first, too. I was the same pants size after 20lbs lost but went down in bra band size. I went down in pants later. Others lose lower half first and could wear a smaller pants size yet still Xl shirts
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    When I dropped 50 lbs I went from 50's to 46's
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    It took almost 20 lbs for me to go from a 14 to a 12 in pants.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am down 38 and down around 1.5 sizes. At my heaviest, my clothes fit fine. Some were a little snugger in the thigh, and they fit just right in the waist. Along the way, they became looser in the waist. And now my thighs and belly are keeping me out of the next size. I lost a band and a cup in the bra so far. Fitted dresses no longer fit.

I was down the first size after about 25 pounds. I probably need another 5-10 or so to get down to my next size. I hope it speeds up soon!

Last time I was at this weight, I think I was wearing a bigger size.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking measurements? I have a hunch that you haven't seen much of a difference in pant size because your body has been burning fat stores from the top down and has only just begun to tap areas of your anatomy covered by pants. That's a common pattern, especially among women, and one I'm very familiar with. It took me more than 25 pounds to go from size 14 to size 12, but by then the back boobs were gone, my ribs were showing, and my spare tire was mostly deflated. I saw an increasingly rapid drop in pant size from that point on because nearly ALL of the fat was coming off the "pants zone."
  • sublimelyhappy1006
    sublimelyhappy1006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses! I started off at a pant size of 18-20 and now I am more like a 16-18. I think my perception is just off about how this is supposed to go from all the weight loss ads I see on TV. When I see those ads on TV and they say they lost 30 pounds it looks like such a dramatic change and I was thinking it would be the same for me. A kind friend reminded me that most of those pictures are not real LOL. You all have definately given me a more realistic approach to this, thank you! I made the mistake of not taking my measurements at the beginning, but I just went out and bought a measuring tape today so I can start. I think that will help me see some changes a little more also :)
  • cassienp
    cassienp Posts: 36
    Options
    Ive lost 31 pounds and havent dropped a size. yes my clothes are baggy but I can't fit into a size smaller yet. This really messes with your head.