Sore muscles or not?

dollaqie
dollaqie Posts: 74 Member
I have a question here and would like to know your opinion. It is a debate here at work and everone have their own taking on this. The point is "If you do not have sore muscles the next day after a workout, you did not have a good workout or you did something wrong?" What is you take on this????

Replies

• JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    I tell myself that just to motivate me to always work harder true or not....
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    Not true. There are times I have DOMS and times I do not. I always lift hard and change up workouts frequently. Soreness is not a good indicator of workout effectiveness.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    When I first started working out, I was sore for more than a day. But the more I worked out, the less sore I was the next day. Now, if I want to be that sore, I have to workout for 3 hours rather than an hour I did before. Since I don't have that kinda time, I am happy with not being sore
  • It depends how sore I think. I worked with a trainer yesterday and tried to show off a bit. Now I can hardly walk because my thighs are so sore. So, should be some pain but I wouldn't push myself super hard.
  • DGunnarson
    DGunnarson Posts: 2
    Soreness does not indicate growth or not. You can be not sore at all and still achieved hypertrophy and or strength gain. Personally I like getting DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) and strive for it each session. It isn't required though.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Muscle soreness has absolutely nothing to do with workout effectiveness. In fact, if you're always sore, you're not doing it right. Soreness happens when you first do an activity that your body isn't used to doing. It quickly adapts itself to that activity and the soreness goes away. If it lingers constantly, it usually means you're doing something incorrectly.