Hello

Options
Well, my friend and boss told me about this site today so I thought I'd give it a try. I am 30 year old mommy of three. My oldest is 4, my middle child is 2, and my youngest is 3 months. I've discovered the very sad fact that the more children you have the worse your body gets. :noway: I have to do something so I'm hoping that 1. I can keep up with this and 2. I lose some serious weight.

I've started walking with the kids for one hour a day. My goal is to do this 5 times a week. I push the two older kids in a stroller and I carry the baby in carrier. I really enjoy this and the kids to seem to also enjoy it.

So that's it in a nutshell. We'll see how it goes. :smile:

Replies

• Irish24
    Options
    It sound like you have your hands full. The hardest part for me is trying to eat only the amount of calories that I need to. But you have three children who can help keep you motivated. Plus by taking them on the walks with you it will help them make wiser choices with their health when they are older you never know they may become you work out buddies.

best of luck to you
    Irish
  • ahercules
    Options
    Hey Irish,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really hoping that this helps. Eating is my weak point too. I do have to eat more calories because I'm breastfeeding the baby, but the important thing I guess would be to eat good calorie foods. But seriously what fun is that right? I mean really I want a good candy bar when I want it.
    I had gestational diabetes with the last baby so I couldn't eat anything like that. Now that I can again I really want it. I'm trying to resist and doing okay. My other problem which is probably my biggest is not eating enough. Apparently I need something like 1700-1900 calories a day since I'm nursing. That's really a lot if you think about it.

How did you hear about this site?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ahercules
    Options
    Thanks for all of the support. I like this site a lot. I'm doing really well today. I took my hour long walk earlier but only with the youngest baby. If the weather and kids cooperate later this afternoon I'll walk again. I also plan on driving the path that I walk so that I know how far it is. I'm guessing around 3 miles.

The hardest thing for me is reminding myself that my baby is only 3 months old and I can't let my work and keeping up with the house stop me from taking care of myself first. That is so difficult for me. I literally have to put "walk" on my to do list. Crazy uh?

How long have you been doing this?