20 Year Reunion in July - realistic goal?

Options
I really began exercising and dieting on 4/11/12. To date, I have lost 5.5 pounds and am disappointed. I have only lost .5 pounds the last 2 weeks even though I am exercising at least 4 days a week.

Myfitnesspal says I should eat 1440 lbs per day to lose 1 lbs per week. I have gone over my calorie limit on 10 of my 28 days but only by 100-200 calories each time.

I am a picky eater which leads to a huge problem for me. I don't eat salad or seafood. I know that carbs are an issue for me. When I dieted before, I was allowed carbs but only if they were in a diet meal like Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers. I also am not drinking water - I hate to drink water. I've tried adding the packets to make the water more enjoyable to drink but I suffer from migraines and often get one whenever I use artificial flavors.

When I go to the gym, I do 20 minutes of either upper or lower weights and then 30-45 minutes of cardio.

Is it normal to go through a 2 week period and not lose any wright? Thanks to all who respond. I really enjoy reading all the positive posts and seeing how far people have come. Gives me hope!

Replies

• nwrainyday
    nwrainyday Posts: 29
    Options
    The only thing I can think of (and I'm NO expert) is maybe mfp is over estimating how many calories you are burning during your workouts. That could mean you are going over your calories by a lot more than 100-200 each day. Maybe try using one of those things that you wear and it measures your actual calories burned. A heart rate monitor thingy. From what i understand it's a simple calories consumed versus calories burned so if you aren't losing inches, then mfp isn't estimating something correctly. As for WHAT you eat and drink. I don't think it matters. Eat what you like, just stay under the calories. :) IMHO. Good luck!!
  • erby2283
    erby2283 Posts: 13
    Options
    The only thing I can think of (and I'm NO expert) is maybe mfp is over estimating how many calories you are burning during your workouts. That could mean you are going over your calories by a lot more than 100-200 each day. Maybe try using one of those things that you wear and it measures your actual calories burned. A heart rate monitor thingy. From what i understand it's a simple calories consumed versus calories burned so if you aren't losing inches, then mfp isn't estimating something correctly. As for WHAT you eat and drink. I don't think it matters. Eat what you like, just stay under the calories. :) IMHO. Good luck!!

Thanks for your response. I actually bought a heart rate monitor last week and one day I burned more than the machine said and the next it said I burned fewer calories.

Also, when inputting my diary, I tend to over-estimate if I can't bar code scan it. I'd rather say I ate too much than not enough.

I will def try to keep within my calorie goal from now on - thanks for replying:smile: