I tried to make my 1 year old lift weights.

Options
13»

Replies

• nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That is totally frickin cute!!!

My niece's favorite toy when she comes over is the 3lbs dumb bells I have in front of my TV from when I used to do Wii EA Active. She has been picking them up since she was 9 months. I have to put them away now when she come over because she is almost 3 and can nearly throw them. LOL I can't risk her hitting my new 3D TV! I don't think the insurance on it covers "happy toddler hurling barbie dumb bells!"

She also love to do P90X with her mommy and daddy. I love it when you ask her to show you her yoga moves and she does a perfect downward dog!
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    So cute!

My 2 yo niece claimed the 1 lb weights that came with an old set, and I have to hide the heavier ones from her. She tries to haul them around, and I'm scared she'll break her foot or my furniture.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    that is way too cute!!! my 2 year old has been using my 3 lbs for a year and recently found the 5lbs hand bells (i don't lift i don't know what they are!) she uses them more than i do! lol!!! to date, no injuries, lots of laughs, and she can now hand me both of the 5 lbs like it's nothing just 'here momma hold these' and runs off!!
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    First pic looks like mine when the nuttla gets left out....

Great kid!
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    OMG!! AWW so cute:-)
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Because he eats like this:

385180_10150454393216095_626471094_10526526_1232344152_n.jpg

But he just couldn't do it right.

IMAG0806.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Too cute!!
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    My 3 legged westie once dragged a 5 pound weight from one room to the other. I was thoroughly impressed as that was 1/3 his body weight.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    have you seen these toys - totally appropriate
    www.wodtoys.com

I so want to get a set of mini barbells for my daughters :)

Totally getting some WOD toys for my son.

He likes to jump curbs with both feet, so, obviously a plyo box is in order.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i think that's a thing. i've seen body builders to it. he's gonna get swole
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Because he eats like this:

385180_10150454393216095_626471094_10526526_1232344152_n.jpg

Hey!!! I eat like that too!! :angry:

But not nearly as cute!!! :love: :heart:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    He's got his squat form down pretty good - knees over feet, not past. Yay little guy!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I bet he can squat better than I can...
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    He has your eyes...too cute!:smile:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I bet he can squat better than I can...

you, cut that out!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    ddkepk.jpg

Awesome!
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    LOL! I have a couple of the small dumbbells. My 3 year old daughter ran off with my 1 pound one and my 7 year old son tries to lift both of the 5 pounds ones.

The worst is he'll take the 2.5lb plate and run around with it holding it above his head. It's only 2.5lbs but would still hurt if he dropped it on himself.

Too, too cute. I use to have to chase down my 2.5 plates, too. I bought him a 1# dumbell but it's just not the same for him :laugh:
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My son is about this age, and I pick him up 10 times a day.
    It's not much of a workout, but by the time he's 14, I will be one tough SOB.

This made my husband and I LOL because our son is about the same age as the OPs and we do baby lifts and baby squats. Actually we're just playing with him lifting him into the air and stuff. He loves it. He's 10 kg now and when he's 20 kg he'll love it just as much. We're going to have massive muscles!!!

When my husband and I do our weight training our little one picks up our aerobic weights (1/2 kg and 1 kg) and tries to do bicep curls! LOL it is so cute I love it. One day I will get that on video. Still he's only 10 months old and he's picking up 1kg weights sometimes I wonder if it's good for his little bones.