cottage cheese thighs

Options
Has anyone successfully gotten rid of thigh/butt cellulite? If so, do share how :) I've recently lost 20 lbs and am now in a healthy weight range but the cellulite on the backs of my thighs and butt looks exactly the same.

Replies

• AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    heaps of people say to lift heavy like barbell squats and dead lifts dont be scared of the free weights section! or lunges and squats are good with heavy weights and lower reps
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Mmmm cottage cheese is delicious, especially with a dash of cinnamon on top.
    My thighs are also delicious, lumps, bumps, and all. I'm sure yours are too.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Barbell squats, leg presses, deadlifts (especially Romanian for the hamstrings) will help fluff out the muscle and lessen the appearance, but sadly it doesn't really go away. It's genetic.

I have A TON of it on my butt and thighs. Hate it.
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    I really saw a difference in my butt when
    using the Slim in Six program Start it Up.
    It's relatively easy and the results came fast for me
    only using the video about 2-3 times a week.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    The only way you cen get rid of cellulite & excess lower body fat is to decrease your overall body fat percentage. You cannot spot reduce fat. For you to reduce body fat is to lift heavy weights. Also like the poster above says, don't be scared of free weights. We simply don't have enough testosterone on our body to build big muscles like a man can & even men are having a hard time bulking up.

However it boils down to genetics. If you happen to store most of your fat in the lower body (like me), then it will be the last to go. If despite training hard with weights & you can still see cottage cheese, just be more patient & soon you will see it melt away.
  • Arestoktra
    Arestoktra Posts: 73
    Options
    Me me! Funny I just posted an update on my status about it. After a month of drinking about 3lt water (12 cups or so) each day and doing JM's Killer Buns and Thighs 2 times a week for the last 2 weeks, I officially declare that I said my farewell to cellulite. I had so much of it on my thighs and butt, it looked like moon surface with extra hills and valleys. I was so ashamed of even sitting my legs crossed because of the disgusting view. Now it's all gone!

If I did it, I'm sure you can do it. Just drink plenty of water and exercise. :drinker:
  • sashatranett
    Options
    Me me! Funny I just posted an update on my status about it. After a month of drinking about 3lt water (12 cups or so) each day and doing JM's Killer Buns and Thighs 2 times a week for the last 2 weeks, I officially declare that I said my farewell to cellulite. I had so much of it on my thighs and butt, it looked like moon surface with extra hills and valleys. I was so ashamed of even sitting my legs crossed because of the disgusting view. Now it's all gone!

If I did it, I'm sure you can do it. Just drink plenty of water and exercise. :drinker:

sweet! i'll be saving this info for when i'm close to my goal and need to tone up
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    reportedly, scrubbing can help, because it gets blood flowing to the area and that has some kind of positive effect on it... but i don't know the specifics of how that works, and i can't attest to it myself.
    (for me, i've just learned to deal with it. pretty much everyone has cellulite, and i also found that it doesn't look as bad to other people as it does to me -- i guess because i'm looking at it at a different angle or something!)
  • Rachel202f
    Options
    Try using a mix of cayenne pepper, coffee and a dash of honey in the shower then massage in coconut oil when you get out. It won't help with muscle definition but will make the dimpled look go down hugely. I still can't believe how effective it is.

PS the dry brushing thing works pretty well (though not as well) too, but I find it gives me thread veins, which I do NOT want. ick.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Try ignoring it. Every one has cellulite.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy has gotten rid of 90% of my cellulite. There's still room for improvement in my butt, but I think I just don't have enough muscle there yet. Going for a bulk this winter and then a cut. BTW, I'm currently about 19% body fat.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Just keep up with eating in a deficit and exercising. Fat loss will help with cellulite, as will heavy lifting. In time it may lessen the appearance, but will not just go away. I have a TON of cellulite on my thighs and butt. It has reduced a lot in the last 7 months, but still there just not as bad. Drink a lot of water and continue with your weight loss regime.
  • Ldonahue921
    Ldonahue921 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I read a great article years ago that explained this. Cellulite is a made up name for fat deposits under the skin. For women, it has a honeycomb-like form which causes lumps n bumps.

The ONLY way to remove cellulite is to increase the muscle in the area. I've seen "thin" people with cellulite and "big" people without any. Muscle deinition trumps fatty deposits every time.

Cardio will help burn fat but weight lifting is required to build muscle.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a recipe for chicken thighs served with cottage cheese.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Squats, dead lifts, straight leg dead lifts (all of these done with weights, increasing in poundage as you work it weekly), one leg lunges, regular lunges, scissor lunges, in/outs

My back end looked as wrinkly as an elephants (NO LIE!!) and with all of these listed above...OMG the changes are amazing!!! Still a work in progress but I see the difference!!
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    *edited* because I just realized user is deactivated and this post is from 2012... who the heck dug this thing up to comment on it???