Can I lose 10lbs in 5 weeks

Options
I lost over 2 stone last year and got to my target weight of 126 (9 stone) which for a 5,7" im happy with that weight .. I've never felt so good.. but this year I've gone crazy with food and in four months gained 10lbs already.. I need to stop this now... I have my cousins wedding on 2nd June and using that as my target .... how can I lose the 10lbs in the 5 weeks ?
Any tips ??????

Replies

• underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    One pound of weight is 3500 calories. You would need to burn 7000 calories a week to lose two lbs. You can do so by creating a 500 calorie deficit for eating as well as burning 500 calories a day through exercise :) good luck!
  • pj270764
    pj270764 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as I have 8 wks to my holiday and would like to lose 10lbs by then, then slow
    things down a bit when i return hoping to drop a bit more then maintain and tone. Currently doing walks of
    an hour plus and/or badminton 3 or 4 times a week and sticking to my 1500 cals a day and eating some of exercise cals
    back. Any suggestions for me too?
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've just "accidently" gained 10lb, and from starting fresh it's already dropping off. A lot of it will be water weight, so it's totally achievable! Good luck!
  • ElizmaKnowles
    Options
    I have lost 11lbs (5kg) since March 20th by simply making sure that I stick to the calories MFP have calculated for me (1440/day) and power walking for at least 30 minutes a day 4-5 times a week (this burns on average 230 calories per session).
    Since I have a desk job I have set myself on sedentary and just log all the extra bits I walk on a daily basis like walking to and from the bus stop etc. Also, I am not following a specific diet/eating plan - still eat the things I like in moderation but paying attention to portion sizes and calorie intake. This will remain my method as I believe this is a life style change I can live with and keep up indefinately.
    Am also hoping to shed another 11 before we go away on holiday end of May!!
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    Hi all just thought i'd let update you on my progress... week one and I lost 5lbs, so I need to work really hard over the next few weeks to try and get the additional 5lbs off... wish me luck !
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hi all just thought i'd let update you on my progress... week one and I lost 5lbs, so I need to work really hard over the next few weeks to try and get the additional 5lbs off... wish me luck !

Well done but you must have lost a lot of water weight. regardless, you only have 5 to go.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    I lost half a stone in a month, so I guess it is possible seeing as I had a binge three days this month. I've been really strict on my diet though, only clean unprocessed foods with high protein. The south beach diet may work for you :)