Lost my willpower! Help save me...PLEASE!!!

Options
HELP!!! Ive lost my willpower, its got up and gone, totally deserted me!!! I started out well at the beginning of the year and lost about 11lb but I was too strict on myself. And now Im back with my old habits and have gained 7lb, Im so disappointed with myself. Ive also cut back on exercising due to health problems and before a large part of my day was focussed on exercise before. It was the exercise that kept me motivated. Ive now gained inches back on my thighs and hips.

If anybody has any tips to help get back on track that would be really good. I dont eat chips, cheese and crisps, the only thing holding me back is my sweet tooth, Ive tried not buying biscuits but with 3 children I usually stock the ones I dont like!!! But if I cant find anything sweet to eat I start eating spoonfuls of chocolate spread or peanut butter. I live such a stressful life sometimes chocolate is the only thing I have to look forward to!

Replies

• melanielupien
    melanielupien Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hang in there sweetie. We all are strict on ourselves at times and this at times can be our downfall. Set new goals and look ahead, not behind. Surround yourself with positive things and this will help you to stay on track. Weight loss is not easy and at times can make us want to eat everything in the house.... just remember what the end results will be - being healthy for your kids :)

feel free to add me if you want... friends on MFP really do help to keep me motivated!
  • anglfrmylvr
    anglfrmylvr Posts: 11
    Options
    what about slim fast bars?? you can snack on those and they have chocolate. and it don't hurt to have a sweet every now and again. support and friends thats what this site is for also. i'm here.
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Bless you, thank you!! Its hard at times, Ive been doing this since October and its monotonous at times, one step forward then two back!!! Thanks for your kind words, I will add you!
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Options
    Thank you, I will try the slim fast bars, Ive had some kellogs fibre plus ones, although theyre a bit hard to get hold of where I live. Thank you for your help!
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise you felt like this. You are a great MFP pal, you always take the time to comment on others posts. You are doing well even if you don't think you are, you walk loads ( and on sand too!) and you keep logging in, so your willpower can't have completely deserted you! Include your sweet tooth into your diet, I love chocolate too, I have it every day still. Try 'curly wurlys' 115 cals and they take ages to eat! I can make one last half an hour!

XX
  • grniys
    grniys Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have learned to allow myself one chocolate item a day. Sometimes it's a small organic dark chocolate bar, sometimes it's an organic brownie bar, other times it's cocoa somersaults. But every night, once the kids are finally in bed I savor my sweet, chocolate snack and unwind. I just try to stick to a serving.
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Options
    Thank you! I will try curly wurlys, havent had a curly wurly since I was little!! Yes I do struggle, Im full of willpower and motivation when I wake up and as the day progresses I eat more and more junk food!!!

Thank you Grniys, organic brownie bars sound lovely!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    The Fiber One chocolate fudge brownies taste really, really good but are only 90 calories, about the same as low fat yogurt.
  • tofumuncher
    Options
    It's really difficult! But if you fancy something sweet have a piece of gum or some fruit. You're still ahead so don't fret! Remember we all deserve a treat now and then so don't be so hard on yourself!
  • marticapitt
    marticapitt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You've already proven you can silly girl! First have a goal, maybe the 7 lbs you recently gained - that's do-able, right?
    Exercise - do what you can, even if it's only 15 minutes a day, 5 minutes at a time. Even if just a steady paced walk - get your butt up and start moving. You can do anything for 15 minutes can't you? I've got a sweet tooth too and unfortunately am good in the kitchen - bad combo when losing weight. But right now I have merengue cookies in the oven that are mine all mine! And only 34 calories for the batch! Two egg whites, a good pinch of cream of tartar (vinegar will work) and some Torani Sugar-free Syrup (I used white chocolate) - about 2 tablespoons. Beat the heck out of it and plop little puffs on a cookie sheet and bake about 30 min at 325 till crisp and yummy. Makes a bunch so you can pig out visually and still only 34 calories. Better for the kids. Use a sugar sub if no Torani. I use it in my coffee and tea since I hate the after of artificial sweeteners and I don't taste it with this stuff. I also put it in my oatmeal (sugar free Brown Sugar & Cinnamon syrup!). Find a treat for yourself besides food. Read a book for 15 mnutes instead of a food treat. Take a bath when the kids are in bed and just relax and soak. Reward your 15 minutes of movement with something you enjoy. Hungry? Have a full glass of water before you eat anything - yopu might really just be dehydrated - good for your skin too!
    Think about what you would tell any of us to do and listen to what good advice you have inside of you! Trust yourself - you CAN DO THIS!
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Options
    Thanks everybody, I will shop around for some low calorie chocolate bars and brownies, I think I need to stock up my cupboards, the fiber one brownies sound delicious, not sure if they stock them here in England but I will try and find out!! Thanks everyone for your tips!
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Options
    Marticapitt...those merignues sound divine, I will be trying those, and easy to make too! Thanks for your advice, spot on! Im always advising other people but when it comes to myself I sort of cave in and give up! I will have a cooking session tomorrow, kids would love them too! Have a great day!
  • TaniaCorric
    TaniaCorric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I to have three small children, so allways had biscuits and baking around.
    I got rid of it all, your children dont need to eat sugary high fat rubbish either.
    i would be great all day and when they went to bed id be on a feeding frenzy.
    My addvise is to eat more during the day so your not so hungry (still keep in your count)
    i have started makeing protien shakes with lots of frozen berries when you stick blend it it turns out like ice cream.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I bought a package of dark chocolate truffles but I only allow myself one per day. It's my little treat to myself and dark chocolate in moderation is good for you. Maybe if you eat a healthy meal then you allow yourself one for dessert?
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your advice, its really helped. I seem to forget all logic where it comes to myself at times, Im good at giving out the advice but when it comes to myself all logic goes out the window! Mslack, chocolate truffles sound divine! Yum! and Tania, protein shakes sound lovely too, lots of fab snack ideas, thank you all! Have a lovely day!
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great post Martie and very sound advice. Your cookies sound awesome!
    Hang on in there H. We all go through this at times especially when we don't seem to be getting our goals but that's the time to dig in deeper. It's right what people have said about the kids too, they don't need the rubbish. If its not in the cupboard you can't eat it. Sure they'll moan for a while but find healthily alternatives and fruit for the sugar kick and before you know it, they'll be hooked and it will make your task so much easier.
    Good luck, chin up and dig those heals in, you can do it!
  • mwapay
    mwapay Posts: 18
    Options
    HIE..i think u have to develop an understanding with yourself..try and discover hw much u are able to do or take maybe evryday excersise wears u out soo do it three times a week...
    maybe evrydat diet jus cant wrk soo do it every second day.. that way your nt punishing urself or feeling deprived too often u can still keep calm and enjoy what u want also discover hw u loose weight for me it takes a while so iv had to accept that part of me with the small changes i try to mek to my lifestyle..
    take a step at a time and try to enjoy it.. it will become more meaningful and less agonising..also remember to discover yourself in the process..we are ALL unique..may wrk for me nt for u..
    bestwishes :-)
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    I lost motivation all the time in the past (if I didn't, I wouldn't be as heavy as I am now!). Lately and so far, I'm good. I'll give you some tips that help me:

Don't buy biscuits or sweet stuff even if you have kids. Tell them the whole family is healthy eating from now on. Buy them popcorn and yoghurts and cereal bars for snacking on and then that way if you have a real weak point and you indulge, it won't be that bad!

Buy mini milks. You know the ice cream lolly things? They have 30 calories each!!! They're a great palate cleanser and they satisfy a sweet tooth. Nothing that has 30 calories can be too bad, right?

Log everything into MFP. Every little thing. Everything! That way, eating right is at the forefront of your mind all the time.

I have a stress fracture on one of my shins so I can't run or walk far but doing callisthenics vigorously a few times a week burns about 300 cals a time (obvs depending on how much you weigh and how hard you work, it might be different). There's always some kind of exercise you can do.

Cook all your meals from scratch. No processed crap! You will eat better and you will burn calories in the cooking. Kitchens can get hot!

Have an event in the future that you need to dress up all nice and fancy for. My dad is getting married in November and I'm already dreaming and researching about what I'm going to wear and what size I'm going to be then! It gives you a goal!

Good luck!
    Sarah
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Options
    Thanks Sleepy, spot on advice, cheers really appreciate it.

Thanks Mwapay, I hadnt thought of it like that but I think I should adjust my goals a little and exercise every other day, as opposed to every day, there wouldnt be so much pressure and I wouldnt set myself up to fail if I felt I didnt have the time or energy to exercise that day.

Thank you Sarah, very true, about having something in the future to look forward to, like a positive goal and also I will try the mini milks, my children love them so Im sure they would be pleased too!! Thanks all, have a lovely day x
  • notaperfect10
    notaperfect10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You've got some great advice, I just wondered if you know about nakd. bars? Lots of different flavours, but for a chocky fix, the cocoa orange one is my favorite! They're actually made of dates and cashews, just mixed, not cooked and are 145 calories. You can buy them in Tesco's, Holland and Barrett, all over really. There was a thread on here a while ago, so you could search for it for info......I promise I don't work for the company!! :wink: