Red lines in by stomach

Options
(my)

Hey MFP friends... I have this "redish" lines on my stomach, that I've been havin all my life. I just want to get rid of them, they make me look fatter than what what I actually are. I only have 10 pounds to loose, and no matter how flat my stomach gets, it always folds in the same place :'(
Any success eliminating this red lines?

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i think you are talking abt the natural way your body is designed. If you wanna get rid of it you have to create abs so you see defined abs, and the line corresponds with them. Either that or you are talking abt stretch marks im not confident lol
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i think you are talking abt the natural way your body is designed. If you wanna get rid of it you have to create abs so you see defined abs, and the line corresponds with them. Either that or you are talking abt stretch marks im not confident lol

no, they are not stretch marks... is my body that way... I know t that if I wouldnt have ANY fat, those would disappear.. but I also know a lot of people with more fat in their tummy than me, and they dont have those red lines :(
  • Argent78
    Options
    bump? help?
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I know people who have those. It's almost like a crease? The girl I know that has it has gained a lot of weight so it's gotten worse but when she was smaller, it was definitely less noticeable.
  • Argent78
    Options
    I know people who have those. It's almost like a crease? The girl I know that has it has gained a lot of weight so it's gotten worse but when she was smaller, it was definitely less noticeable.

yes! exactly! I had them all my life... and they look ugly..
  • Branok
    Branok Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have that too, if you're talking about what I think you are. It's like a red line (kind of looks like what you get if you've laid on a crumpled up sheet or something all night long and it leaves temporary marks on your skin) except it just won't seem to go away! I think it may have something to do with posture because when I stretch out, it's less noticeable. Maybe stand up straighter. Then again, I've yet to figure out how to make it completely go away either ;-;
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

yes! exactly! I had them all my life... and they look ugly..

They may be yours forever like a skin crease but (maybe) you can help your skin by getting lots of water and vit E and don't sit in the same position for a long time. That's all I can think of.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain it has to do with body fat and how it distributes itself on your body. When I was at my top weight and 32% body fat, the lines disappeared because my stomach was too round. Now that I'm down to 23% bf, the fat on my upper abs has started folding over again, and the crease is coming back. I think if I lower my bf, the crease line would eventually disappear.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I have them too. Even though I'm technically underweight (I'm trying to gain) I do carry what fat I have in my belly and I have excess skin from having 2 kids. Mine is a bit higher up (you can see a hint of it in my pic) I know my bad posture makes it look worse, esp when I slouch. But I'm hoping that improving my abs and hopefully tightening my skin (if that's possible) then it will improve. I have always had them too. I really need to remember to sit up straight too!! I have heard that pure organic Shea butter can help reduce the look of them. But probably not till you are able to get rid of or reduce the cause of them.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any real way to get rid of stretch marks if that's what you're talking about. There are some body creams that can help them fade a bit, but they will never be 100% gone.
    Just think of yourself as a fierce tiger, and be proud of your stripes!
  • JonesJennings
    JonesJennings Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I get the same, and I'm a gainer too, so it might not go away with fat loss (my BF% is about 13). I find it's more noticable when I've been slouching, so addressing posture might help. Might be worth investing in a kneeler instead of your office chair?