best form of exercise to loose weight

Options
hi please can anyone tell me what is the best exercise to help loose weight( thighs and bottom mainly)

thanks

Replies

• hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The easiest answer to this is an exercise you enjoy doing, because you will keep doing it.

Everybody will give a different answer to this, if you suggested running to me I would try for a few days, but then give up. I have never got the running bug. However put me on a squash court and I will run around like a mad thing for the best part of an hour.

Good luck finding the exercise that you enjoy!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    The easiest answer to this is an exercise you enjoy doing, because you will keep doing it.

Everybody will give a different answer to this, if you suggested running to me I would try for a few days, but then give up. I have never got the running bug. However put me on a squash court and I will run around like a mad thing for the best part of an hour.

This.

For me, I love to run. I'm not very fast and I won't be running any marathons anytime soon, but I love how it makes me feel. If someone told me I had to do the elliptical every single day, I would give up because I can't stand that thing.

So, find what YOU like to do and do it! :)
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you should look for a lower body workout like EA Active Sports Total workout (game) for PS3 ,Xbox or the Wii...
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Eating less.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    hi please can anyone tell me what is the best exercise to help loose weight( thighs and bottom mainly)

thanks

Walking.... thats all I really do, just start with small distances, works for me :wink:
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If it helps, i just discovered Zumba on the kinnect, I LOVE IT and as the nice man above says, when you find something you enjoy doing you will keep doing it!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Eating less.

lol but not really an exercise, but very correct though :tongue:
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels 30 day shred dvd!! :D Best investment I ever made! Only 20-25mins wrkout a day and easy to follow
  • vancil01
    vancil01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Also, you should lose an o in your loose, so it is spelled correctly....after you do that, eating right and staying active will help you lose weight. If you are super out of shape, you can start with body weight exercises, push ups, crunches, squats, lunges, walking/jogging. You might try an exercise video, like that Jillian Michaels movie all the women do on here, I personally like Insanity, but that is a bit more advanced...just do what feels good....
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    ny exercise........walking, jogging, swimming, any cardio. Just get off your butt and do it!
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options

thanks

I've just completed 30 Day Shred and it has really helped my thighs! So much so that I've bought Killer Buns and Thighs (also by Jillian Michaels) and hopefully it will improve them even more.

Also try exercises such as squats and lunges to tone your bum and thighs. For fat loss though i'd recommend cardio, running especially, but a combination of strength exercise like squats with a running regime and diet will get you there!

Good luck, add me if you have any questions etc :)
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options

^^This

I love zumba and I do lots of walking (power walking) but walking is good if you don't do it already. I also do alot of callisthenics work out and 30 day shred
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    walking, i've lost loads of inches from my legs and bum doing this, but it has taken a while (6 months before i saw a change, 18 months before i was really happy) and i do at least 5 miles a day so time consuming
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Eating less.

lol but not really an exercise, but very correct though :tongue:
    fork putdowns 3x5
    dinner table get ups 3x1
    offer turn-downs xfailure
    :wink:
  • adina1973
    adina1973 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You have to do something FUN! I've been a runner for a couple of years....ran 2 marathons...then, about 6 months ago, I decided I needed a kick in the pants! Running wasn't fun anymore. So, I switched to HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and started Insanity. I LOVE this program. Even though I was an avid runner and didn't think I really had weight/inches to lose, I dropped over 8 inches in just three weeks. Yes, it's advanced. Yes, it's tough, but there is so much room for modification. Before I started it, someone told me, "If you were able to do it ALL now, then why do it at all??" (I finished the 60 days of that, then went on to finish 12 weeks of an Insanity/P90X Hybrid and just started P90X.)
    I believe there are three key pieces to losing inches: (I hate the term "weight" because you can lose inches and stay the same!)
    1. You need to SWEAT!
    2. You need to build MUSCLE. Muscle turns your body in to a fat burning furnace!
    3. Monitor what goes in your mouth.
  • beila1
    beila1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Zumba has me dancing at least 3x a week. The lower body gets a good workout. It's fun and before you know it time is up! Go to zumba.com to find classes near you.

I tried walking, jogging, joining gyms, exercise videos, etc. but nothing clicked until I tried Zumba. The other respondents are right - you have to find something you love to do. I discovered I love to dance. My exercise journey has evolved into taking beginner ballet and barre fit (all-over muscle toning and stretching) in addition to Zumba.

So try different things until you find what you like.
    Good luck!
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Whatever you enjoy enough to stick with.

That said walking is one of the best ways to gradually lose it.