Water Vs. hot drinks Vs. diluted/cordial juices

Options
I'm only asking cos' I really don't get it, some people say you can only add water to your water intake.... I have ALWAYS done this, however I don't get why could someone please explain this.

1) I only drink tea, white with no sugar
2) I only drink no sugar cordial drinks

How come, if I have a cup of juice which has no calories in it and 99.9% is water I can't add this to my daily water intake.

Any experts out there

Cheers

Replies

• londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would count sugar free squash, but not tea/coffee unless its herbal/fruit tea and perhaps caffeine free tea and coffee if without milk. hope that helps
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I add my green tea and no added sugar cordial to water intake as you are consuming water.

I think its a bit more work for the body to break down the water from the coffee/milk and sugar etc, but I have never heard anyone say you can't add tea/coffee/no added sugar cordial to it

Other fluids I agree shouldn't be added
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    virtually a daily topic. Split opinions, you won't get a conclusion.

The water molecule H2O is the thing required for hydration and the body's water balance. H2O is in most foods, is produced by digesting things like carbohydrates and fats, and is present in beverages of all kinds as well as the clear stuff that flows out of a tap.

Your total water balance will be determined by water intake from all these sources, less what you breathe/sweat/pee/poop out.

You can make your own decision what to include, or indeed what the target intake level should be. Enjoy.