paisley2288
paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
Low Calorie/Low Fat Chocolate chip cookie

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

1 egg white

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour and 1/2 cup all purpose)

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup chocolate chips

Lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup, and level it off with a knife. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir to blend. In a separate bowl, whisk the sugars, butter, egg white, and vanilla together until light and fluffy. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a splash of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out.

Drop by level spoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets coated lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 -10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let stand 5 minutes before removing the cookies from the pans to cool on wire racks. Enjoy!

Makes 2 dozen cookies. Per cookie: 61 calories, 1.5 g total fat, less than 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 11 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 9 g added sugar, 2 g protein, 37 mg sodium, less than 1 g cholesterol

Replies

• caehudson
    caehudson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. I just made my favorite cookies, put the recipe in and discovered they are 189 calories each. I was sad for a few minutes, then I saw your post.
  • zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paisley2288
    Options
    Thank you for this. I just made my favorite cookies, put the recipe in and discovered they are 189 calories each. I was sad for a few minutes, then I saw your post.

Oh no! :( I'm glad you found this!
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Actually I Love Samoas...I here there is a low fat/cal recipe for those too!!! And people say they taste just like the real thing!
  • dearbree
    Options
    gunna have to make these. the mother in law and I share a love for cookies, so this might make it less of a torture!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Thanks, love cookies!
  • paisley2288
    Options
    Actually I Love Samoas...I here there is a low fat/cal recipe for those too!!! And people say they taste just like the real thing!

Ahh you should find it and share the recipe! lol I like those too
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cookies, but I can't bake my way out of a paper bag! I can cook, though. Mainly Mexican food, but I have ventured out into some Asian cuisine...
  • JCam8383
    JCam8383 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone that doesn't love choc chip cookies??? :laugh:
  • allyssasmommy8
    allyssasmommy8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Omg Ty I love cookies :)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anaraee
    anaraee Posts: 2
    Options
    I calculated these to be 73 calories each for 24 cookies and I substituted Truvia for the granulated sugar.