:( Struggling not to eat excess late at night ..

Options
kmuree
kmuree Posts: 283 Member
Tonight begins my first night in who knows how many years of eating late night, all night.
I am seriously craving some Jack In The Box mini pancakes and some hashbrown sticks.
My stomach is growling and I literally just finished off at packet of almonds a half an hour ago.

Is it just because my body is so used to me eating so much at night? I know there isn't really any truth to the "eating at night" makes you gain and that it's the calories that go over what you should be eating that causes it.

/: Do I just try to push past it and this will get easier with time? Soooo hungry and I ate well and at proper times all day.

Replies

• Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im sorry your struggling momma. How can I help?
  • twelbies
    twelbies Posts: 31
    Options
    You know what helps me??? Brushing my teeth and using intense mouth wash. I don't know why but after I do that I tend to not want to eat :D
  • kmuree
    Options
    I might have to try that because I do dread eating after it, haha. :laugh: Thanks for sharing.
  • barbie0114
    barbie0114 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would have to agree with twelbies...I did read recently in Fitness Magazine that brushing your teeth after dinner does help with cravings during the evening. I have done this a time or two myself and I must say, yes...it does work! IF you must snack, just grab a yogurt, a low-fat string cheese or a handful of baby carrots. Try to stay away from the salted snacks such as Fritos, Doritos, chips or anything along those lines. And, don't even grab anything sweet...the more sweets you eat, the more you crave. Not good! I hope these couple of suggestions help with your night snack cravings.
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I always thought a calorie was a calorie when ever you eat it but I've been advised by a pt not to eat heavy after gym or naughty things at night. I'm a big choc lover and although it fits into my calorie goal it sits on my stomach x isn't burnt so used x stored as fat.... Not sure how true. Been tryin to cut down in evening x have a yog or something but I do enjoy my choc.
  • kmuree
    Options
    I would have to agree with twelbies...I did read recently in Fitness Magazine that brushing your teeth after dinner does help with cravings during the evening. I have done this a time or two myself and I must say, yes...it does work! IF you must snack, just grab a yogurt, a low-fat string cheese or a handful of baby carrots. Try to stay away from the salted snacks such as Fritos, Doritos, chips or anything along those lines. And, don't even grab anything sweet...the more sweets you eat, the more you crave. Not good! I hope these couple of suggestions help with your night snack cravings.

Thank you! I always crave the saltiest and sweetest things. Yogurt and string cheese are a fantastic idea, or even maybe one of my 50 cal rice cakes. I eat when I'm bored primarily and I'm most bored at night. /:
  • Indemama
    Indemama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with this exact thing in the past. What has worked for me lately is to chew sugar free gum (I.E. EXTRA Dessert Delights) or drink a hot cup of tea. Being that it's hot, you have to sip to finish it. You must finish it though. By the time your finished, you won't want to eat.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth! It works so well for me!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been curbing my late night snack urges by drinking a glass of chocolate milk, made with lowfat milk and Trader Joe's Moo organic chocolate syrup. It satisfies my sweet craving, but won't leave me feeling hungry right afterwards because of the protein. YUM!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth also. I use to be a huge night grazer but i like to take the dogs out for a walk now or get engaged in another activity that doesn't keep me in close proximity of the fridge =D Change up your routine and change that pattern if you can.
  • FearLessNess1
    Options
    I too struggle with this. Brushing your teeth is an excellent tip!