The new guy from NH

Options
Hi all,

I am a recently separated 52 year old guy from NH who needs to put a lot of life events in order. FIrst and foremost is my health. On top of that list is my weight. At 292 pounds (down from a whopping 420 pounds 3 years ago), I realize as I am getting older that I need to get under 200 if I want to see my 12 year old graduate from high school, get married and so forth. So I turn to what looks like a method of support to obtain this goal. I need to keep my eye on this ball and not get distracted. I will have (negative) distractions that will create emotions that wreaked havoc to begin with in my 30 years of marriage now coming to an end. I am not bitter and I wanted it. So I do not have emotional issues on that end but rather to contend with the wrap up stuff and where do I go from here kind of thing. I have an excellent counselor who is helping me integrate myself in what I call my next life. My focus on this board of course is to get and provide ideas and support to not just lose weight and to finally get some much needed exercise into my daily routine but to change my lifestyle permanently (positively). When bored as one gets when they leave a routine (and rut), the urge and impulse to eat out of either that plain old boredom as I await transformation or pity of whatever absolutely cannot occur. I am seeking hobbys and local groups to meet people and so forth to use my time to improve myself and my mindset. Sorry this is so long. I am trying to just set the stage for a successful stage on what appears to be a very successful means by which many are or have met theirs and indeed have changed their lives. I have 9 sets of WW starter kits I pitched on my move out that door so I know that is not the answer. I know HOW to eat right, it is establishing the mindset to DO it! Any advice or ideas are welcome. Again, this is more personal than I probably wanted to get however it was necessary to set the groundwork I think for a "new me" which I am determined to be starting the day I walked out, Friday, March 23rd. Thanks again.

Dana

22586063.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've only been here a few months but it's a great way to find a "virtual" support group (they're real people, after all...) and a fantastic source of accountability. Kudos to you for aiming for a new life. The journey from here to there will be amazing!! I'd recommend finding a MFP group of people with of similar age/weight/weight loss goals so you can do it with company!
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    Hi, Welcome .
    I am sure you will achieve all your dreams and goals , might not be giant stride, maybe baby steps but the thing is You are doing this and you will see changes ,
    I wish you all the very best. I log in everyday , happy to have you as a support friend if you want,
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Hi Dana, welcome from a 50 year old guy who has only been here for a short while.

You have already lost a lot of weight, so I think you know what to do. This is a great site for information and motivation so jump right in.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Rylie324
    Rylie324 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome from a fellow Newbie and new englander (MA)

Melissa
  • PSTreasure
    PSTreasure Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome!

I am new here and the support is great! We are all working towards the same goal and MFP really helps to keep track of things and to stay focused. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how you are doing!
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    New Hampshire in the house! I have same plan, health first and the rest will follow. Stick with it! The routine can seem boring until you start to reap the success of your healthy choices... then it simply becomes the known path to success. Congrats on your decision to focus on your health and welcome to MFP!
  • danak1959
    danak1959 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks to all for great response and positive advice and ideas so quickly. Amazing! :happy: