Ugh,... Bad Day

Options
I thought I was doing good today, but apparently not, I was 41 calories (over)
I have 30 grams of carbs still, so that was ok, 13 grams of fat (over) 12 grams of protein (over)
816 mg of sodium (over) but 9 grams of fiber left still, so out of all that I was only 2 things under my goal, meh, I guess tomorrow is a new day ^_^

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    41 Calories over is a bad Day???

I probably lose track of 40 calories a day, either gained or lost.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Try again. I agree with iplayoutside19 that 41 calories over isn't a bad day.
  • Daniel78
    Options
    I think you've managed to burn off 41 calories by typing out this post. If not scroll up and down with the mouse a few times and it'll get those last few calories off. :laugh:
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    41 cals is not a bad day....make it a good day....a good belly laugh or deep kiss will burn off those extra cals :wink:
  • playsoccer
    Options
    i was almost 2,000 calories over. so, don't worry about it ;)
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else. YOu can't live the rest of your life being totally rigid to you calorie goals. I use mine as a guidline and aim for anything w/in 100 calories of my goal, but never under 1200. It allows me to have a really flexible diet and I'm still dropping lbs.
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    It's not the calories I was upset about, (I was over 400 calories last night, but w/e lol)
    it was the sodium, over 800 mg over, and the fat too,... I dunno, It just seems to me like I'm not losing any weight,.. :(
  • angiered
    Options
    If you make your food log public, maybe we can help you out. :flowerforyou:
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Ok, I'll try and figure out how to do that,.. lol
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Just my .02 and others may disagree but for now I would try to make the best choices you can, foodwise, and stick with your calorie allotment....don't stress too much over # of carbs, sodium etc
    I've lost 27 pound here and I have NEVER kept track of # carbs, fiber etc.....

and 40 cals is nothing......take a few hicks up and down the stairs....

Kim
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Thanks! ^_^
    Ya, I was bored, so I went for a 30 min jog, I burned 306 calories! :)
    I feel amazing now!
  • angiered
    Options
    Hey Sims dude! Awesome job on the running! Good call! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

It's the salt in things like pizza that gets you.

One of the traps that people seem to fall into is getting into a "What can I get away with w/o going over my calories" mind set. There are SO many really good foods you can fit into healthy diet, and lots of ways to make a healthy alternative for lots of your favorite comfort foods.

For dinner tonight, I had a turkey burger grilled in teriyaki sauce, with a slice of american cheese melted on. Had it on a piece of toast (I hate hamburger buns. lol) with lettuce and a slice of grilled pineapple. 354 calories, and it TOTALLY tasted like I was cheating. :laugh:

If you concentrate on getting your vegetables and fruit up, your sodium and fat will naturally drop.

Also, pretty much anything you make from a box is likey to be pretty high in sodium. Things like pancakes and mashed potates and pre seasons meats. If you can make it ahead from scratch and freeze it in portions that helps. Deli meat has less sodium if you get it fresh sliced, rather than the pre packaged stuff.

Honestly though, it doesn't look like you're doing badly at all. :glasses:

I dont' have as many calories, but your welcome to check out my food diary for ideas. My bad habit is "freezer food" for lunch. :laugh:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For dinner tonight, I had a turkey burger grilled in teriyaki sauce, with a slice of american cheese melted on. Had it on a piece of toast (I hate hamburger buns. lol) with lettuce and a slice of grilled pineapple. 354 calories, and it TOTALLY tasted like I was cheating. :laugh:

Have you ever tried Thins? I don't like hamburger or hot dog buns, but these are good. Several companies make them now. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/28/FD6U1939GI.DTL
  • angiered
    Options
    Hanne: Those look GOOD. Thanks!! :flowerforyou: