making the commitment!!

Options
hi everyone , i'm karen, i'm a stress eater!! and my life is full of stress!!! lol
i found this web site on cruisecritics.com, have a cruise planned for oct 2010, i'd like to lose 40lbs.
i've thought about wt loss all summer while i gained wt. ! lol
i hope by actually putting a wt loss comittment in writing i'll start ! i have no formal plan yet.
tonite's the nite! i was successful on weight watcher on line program a few yrs ago, 20 yrs ago i did great on nutrisystem, but got sick after the big wt loss. [lost 30 ibs in 2 mo!.] i've read lots of the intro's & think i'll try calorie counting & exercise.
next challenge is getting on the scale & facing reality! i'm hoping having someplace to talk about my diet will help me get started & stay focused.
here's to a new day,a new way, a new ME!!!!!
karen

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Welcome Karen! I think you will really like this site. It is AMAZING! I love it myself! If you use all the tools it has to offer I'm sure you will succeed! The people on here are very supportive and informative. It has really helped me to be able to talk on the message boards like this to other in situations similar to mine. Just remember if you keep your determination you can do anything you set your mind to. Good luck!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This really is a great place. The best plan is the plan you will stick with for a lifetime.
    Here's to being a big loser:drinker:
  • evgal
    evgal Posts: 22
    Options
    thanks for the welcome, its nice to be talking to people who understand. its exhilerating & scary to start a diet .
    karen
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We're all here and going through it too, you can do it!!
  • myfitz4life
    myfitz4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome and the best of luck to you! Its time to stop dieting and start making lifestyle changes that you will have for the rest of your life. This is the place to do it :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And your goal of 40 lbs by October next year is very attainable!!!! This is a great place to gain the knowledge you need to make this a reality!!

In the mean time you'll change your life in many positive ways - eating healthy, exercise - everything. People here are very supportive and many folks here very knowledgeable about what you can do to help you attain your goal, so don't hesitate to ask on the forums!

Welcome!
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome fo mfp...you will find that this site is a wonderful wt loss tool. I havent been here that long but I love the support and friendly people that are going through the same things you are on a daily basis....best of luck......YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smile: :bigsmile:
  • evgal
    evgal Posts: 22
    Options
    wow, thanks for the support everyone. today is day one. i'm drinking my water !!!!:smile::smile: :smile:
    karen
  • DownSizin
    Options
    Welcome, Karen! I'm back from being gone a while...this is a great place and has alot of good information and great tools to use on your way to a new you! I used this along with Nutrisystem last year and lost 25 lbs. Then I got sidetracked and began to eat junk food and stopped exercising, and...gained it all back and more. Now I'm starting over and looking forward to chatting with others to help keep me focused and on track this time. Welcome!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises. :laugh: :laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. The best way to find a group is to go to the “motivation and support” message board and read a lot of the threads until you find a group that has what you want, then reply and say you want to join and then participate regularly with them and get to know them. My groups are 50+ women and senior golden sneakers