Does this sound about right? moving up a level in fitness

Hi

have a lot of weight to loss but it's coming off nicely now (29lbs in 7 weeks). Trying to deal with toning (lower half especially) and calorie burn. Currently I do:

Monday - gym session - 40 minutes cardio between bike and treadmill then 40 minutes weights covering arms, legs, stomach and chest
Tuesday - 30DS and C25K
Wednesday - Aqua Aerobics
Thursday - 30DS and C25K
Friday - 30DS and C25K
Saturday - gym session - same as Monday
Sunday - Aqua Aerobics

So I am doing something every day, I have really caught the "bug" and have found myself looking forward to work outs more and more. I cannot go to the gym/aqua more than I do as I have two children and work full time so I think my lovely husband is already being supportive enough.

Would I be better dropping aqua now I am fitter? it does work me out and I get out of breath but I never ache from it like I used to where as with the gym I feel the burn if that makes sense? I am wondering if I should switch to the gym on those days or maybe try another class (not sure I would be able to keep up and worry about making a fool of myself!)

or am I better sticking with variety?

Thanks for any responses

Nina

Replies

• sophy28
    sophy28 Posts: 72 Member
    Firstly well done on your loss :)

I've never done an Aqua class so I'm not sure on that front but maybe switch to something higher intensity If you feel like it would do you more good. Just don't forget you need to get your rest in.

If you decide to switch to another activity I would recommend a class over the gym as you go a couple times a week and variety will keep you interested.
  • If I were you, I would eliminate the Sunday water class, take a day of REST and spend that time with your family. You don't have any rest days and you need one.

Congrats on the weight loss.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Arms, legs, stomach and chest? What about your back? Your back needs work also. And you need a rest day, and make sure you are eating enough to support all that work.