Hello Everyone

Options
Hello there! I am new to the site and thought I would say a quick hello. I have decided to stop sitting around being miserable with how I look and start doing something about it. Working at home for 4 years helped me put on a bunch of weight gradually. Nice and slow and hard to notice til I am where I am now. Been working outside of the house now for 2+ yrs and have now dealt with being single and nearly 37 after 15 yrs of dating the same man.

Time to take the time for ME and get back on track and into the smaller jeans that are taking up space in my closet and it would be nice if I could wear a tank top outside of the house :)

Hope to meet some fun people and get my 'rear in gear'...

Lisa

Replies

• biznoche
    biznoche Posts: 43
    Options
    I only have a few friends on here, but they are "quality" friends that really motivate me. I've been on here for a couple of months now. This is a great site, but like any other social media site you'll see a lot of B.S. like married men trying to pick up women, people ranting about their mother-in-law and how she won't stay out of their business, people trying to sell something...etc,etc. My advice is that if you can get a few people who are serious about their weight loss intentions, they can be really helpful!
    Ugh 15 years and newly single....Must be hard to have to start over again. On the other hand, this IS a great time to empower yourself and get into great shape! I'm married and I got too comfortable...that's my story. But now I'm not really comfortable with myself and I never intended on letting it get this bad. It's like I woke up one day and was like "what the hell happened???"
    Well, good luck with everything and feel free to add me if you want.
  • wojtlis
    wojtlis Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. Great to meet you. Hopefully I can stay away from fake 'friends' around here... Im here to do what needs to be done and that is make myself healthy and happy again. Adding you now and thanks for 'keeping it real'...
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    Welcome I hope you have a great journey and good for you thinking of yourself. you go do it for yourself and no one else it seems strange how we always forget about ourselves well good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.