Help! -Weighing myself

Options
I weigh myself like 3 times a day. (Trying not to anymore)

My weight fluctuates from 168 - 176lbs (That's why I put my weight in the middle roughly at 173lbs)
I've heard many people say that in the morning is the best time to weigh yourself as throughout the day you're weight will rise due to food/ect

But sometimes I've weighed less at night then I do in the morning.

So I'm completely confused about how much i weigh. All I know is that it's between 168- 176lbs (I'd say 70% of the time it's about 173lbs) And I'm not sure if I'd noticed losing 1/2lbs a week if my weight fluctuates this much.

Help!

Replies

• ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would just go with your lowest weight. I don't think it matters TOO much, since over time you're just looking for a downward trend. My weight fluctuates that much daily as well, and I go with the lowest weight of the week - which for me happens to be Friday morning before my workout, but if yours is later in the day that's fine too!
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
    I shall do!
  • willyzification
    willyzification Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you are being too critical about the value of the scale. Who cares what the number on the scale says, if you are lean and mean :P

To answer your query though, You only need to weigh yourself once a week, at the most twice. This is because of the fact that alot of the weight fluctuation is from food, body wastage and of course water weight. Best way to measure is to wake up in the morning, take a nice long leak, then weigh yourself. Do this on the same day roughly the same time once a week after peeing.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You're welcome! Good luck :)
  • lap012165
    lap012165 Posts: 24
    Options
    Weigh first thing in the morning, buck naked, before you have had anything to drink or eat. The minute you put anything in your body, your weight will go up. It's real easy for your weight to fluctuate anywhere from 3 to 6 pounds a day. So if you are weighing yourself several times a day it can get really discouraging. I too use to weigh myself all the time and by the end of the day I was so depressed. Now its only once and in the morning. Keep up the good work!! :)
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys Much appreciated! I shall stick to weighing myself every Wednesday morning :D Seeing as i've weighed myself this morning! :)
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Good advice above. I only weigh myself Wed and Fri after my "intense" workout for the day. I sweat so much I sometimes weigh in over 1/2 less after my workout.