Ugh! Help!

nicolee516
nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am not sure what I am doing wrong! I stay within my calories, fat, carbs,etc. I even don't eat the extra calories when I exercise, but I am gaining weight not losing! Help! :frown:

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    EAT THE EXTRA CALORIES FROM WORKING OUT!!!!! and make sure your getting water in ... at least 60 oz you'll see a change...
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Are you getting close to your calories??? I would recommend eating the extra calories you get when you exercise, it could be your body's way of not wanting to let the weight go... Our bodies are pretty stubborn that way... :smile: I've been told by even fitness experts that if you aren't losing, try adding some more calories... Never hurts to try!!!

Oh, one more thing... are you measuring your serving sizes, or just guestimating??? Try measuring your food out, that could have a lot to do with it as well... :-)

Oooo are you journaling your food?
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong! I stay within my calories, fat, carbs,etc. I even don't eat the extra calories when I exercise, but I am gaining weight not losing! Help! :frown:
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Are you being super strict on measuring? I gained a few pounds and couldn't understand why, until I realized that I wasn't leveling off my teaspoon of Peanut butter.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member

You need to eat your exercise calories. You are possibly putting your body into starvation mode.
    Ex, You normally were eating 2,000+ calories before.
    Now with a deficit your at ~1200 calories.
    Workout you burn ~300 calories.
    You should taking in ~1500 calories so your body get's 1200 calories.

Instead you might be eating 1200 calories and burning 300 calories.
    900 calories intake will put the body into starvation mode.

Here's some info to help..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • My doctor told me to try Alli. She said its the only thing that she would recomend if your trying to lose weight. It takes 25% of the fat out of the food that you eat. The only side effect is if you eat to many fat calories you WILL be RUNNING for the batheroom very shorly after you eat. I havent tried it yet, so don't quote me.
  • I agree with ttthumper!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Thanks for all of the advice! I am embarrased to say, but I have gotten lazy with measuring. I need to get back on that program. I will start to eat the extra calories! (no arguments there!):bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.