Changed from Weight Watchers

Options
lauraloo83
lauraloo83 Posts: 42 Member
Hey guys,

Totally new to this site, i quite smoking over 2 years ago and CANNOT shift the weight. I did lose weight on WW once but can't seem to do it again. This looks pretty good and am motivated so lets hope I can stay this way.....

Please feel free to friend request to share our weight loss journeys :)

LauraLoo xx

Replies

• jareno0919
    jareno0919 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Laura, I'm changing out of WW also. I did great the first time I was on it but after I had my son (almost 6 years ago) I can't seem to get it to work.

I started running a year ago and am doing great at it and thought if I start tracking my food and workouts I might see where I am going wrong in my weight loss....I am already seeing some trends I didn't think about.

Jess
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    I think you will like it here,,,, good luck to you! Add me if you need a friend for support!
  • CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've tried Weigh Watchers also before, first time it worked, 2nd time it didn't work. Almost 5 months on MFP and it WORKS!

Good luck with your journey :)
  • bmuff
    bmuff Posts: 64
    Options
    I too started out using WW points plus in Feb . But after I began to do a lot of research on foods, and fats, the healthy and unhealthy fats etc... I realized that WW deducts such high points off for foods that have the good fats in them. WW did not give me half the info I have been able to find on here. I have been a member here since 2009 but never did use mfp until the middle part of April. At that time I had been stuck and not losing weight. I got active on MFP on April 14 and have found so many good useful tips to get my weight loss back in gear again. So I have lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks that I have been on here. I like this so much better than WW.
  • bseegars
    bseegars Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, Laura, I was on weight watchers also but a friend told me about this site. He's lost over 100 lbs dong this so I figured it must work! I was really surprised by the calorie counts of certain foods! We also try to walk every day. Don't forget to log in something EVERY day or it starts your total over at zero! Good Luck!:smile:
  • CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I too started out using WW points plus in Feb . But after I began to do a lot of research on foods, and fats, the healthy and unhealthy fats etc... I realized that WW deducts such high points off for foods that have the good fats in them. WW did not give me half the info I have been able to find on here. I have been a member here since 2009 but never did use mfp until the middle part of April. At that time I had been stuck and not losing weight. I got active on MFP on April 14 and have found so many good useful tips to get my weight loss back in gear again. So I have lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks that I have been on here. I like this so much better than WW.

^^^
    This :happy:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I was able to lose 25 pounds off of WW but I wasn't able to break past that point. And I lost my job so I didn't want to spend a monthly premium for something that wasn't working for me. I find that MFP works a lot better for me than the WW points plus system. :)
  • kerbylin
    kerbylin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to do WW online and Curves at the same time. Weight was falling off. I'm struggling right now but I do know that I need to be doing some exercise of some kind. I'm just not a exercise person and don't like paying for it. I would like to support you in your endeavor since we both did WW in the past, might be able to get things moving again.

LInda
  • lauraloo83
    lauraloo83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies and friend requests!! Thats kind of you!! I really hope that I can stick to this and you guys seem to have done so well....very inspiring!!

Can I ask one question, if you dont use your calories left over from the day do you lose them? I.e. with some diets you can bank points / syns etc.

Thank you

LauraLoo83 xxx
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    many years ago I went to WW, (Pre Points days) I was the only bloke there sadly, but anyways I gave it a go and managed to lose weight and get to goal I weighed 192 and lost 24 pounds, I was even given a tie pin for my achievement. I didn't go to the maintenance classes and over the years I put on a whopping 52 pounds, gradually I managed to lose the 52 pounds through eating healthily and exercise and managed to get down to 169 pounds, unfortunately I lost my job and steadily gained 28 pounds, so here I was wondering what to do when I happened on this site, here I have learned all about health, fitness, nutients and a healthy weightloss program, my wife has joined and she too is losing weight steadily. As you can see by my sticker I have lost 23 pounds and I have just another 10 pounds to go for my personal goal, after becoming a MFP member I don't think I will ever go back to WW or any other club. I have met many friends on this site who have been a great encouragement as I have to them, I never got that from WW.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm currently following weight watchers, but it will be coming time to renew at the end of this month, so i"m looking at MFP as an alternative.

Currently I'm tracking on both, and I can tell you that the database here is MUCH better than on the WW site and I love that I can track my weight any day I like on here, where on WW, you have to weight for your specific "weigh in" day.

My sister has lost over 45 pounds using MFP, so I've heard great things. I think we are going to like it here!
  • beckster2223
    beckster2223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My friend and I both switched from WW online over to MFP. We love that it is free. I love that I have found just about every food imaginable on here. Also the amount of information in the Message boards is over whelming but no matter what you are feeling or thinking, there is probably another member out there thinking it too. The message boards have been a life saver for me.

Please feel free to add me as a friend also.