Need friends for mutual support!

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm new to these forums and I am loving my fitness pal.

I am on week 2 of Ashy Bines clean eating plan and I have already lost a few kgs and I have approx 20 kgs left to loose and I was wondering if there were others with the same goal to eat clean and loose some weight which would be interested in adding me and keeping each other accountable and monitoring progress etc.

When I started logging my food diary a few months ago I started with some friends and they aren't really using mfp too much anymore and I do value having group support and accountability.

Feel free to add me, good luck on your journey :)

Replies

• plr150
    plr150 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm not familiar with this diet, but I am interested in detoxing and eliminating processed foods. I go through periods where I eat very healthy and then fall of the wagon and resort to "comfort" foods. Can you explain the eating plan?
  • katekizm
    katekizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with this diet, but I am interested in detoxing and eliminating processed foods. I go through periods where I eat very healthy and then fall of the wagon and resort to "comfort" foods. Can you explain the eating plan?

I, too, am trying to cut out processed foods. I recently found I have a gluten sensitivity, so have been cutting that out. Boy did that do wonders!!! Wowzers!!
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    I haven't heard of this eating plan but would like to hear more about it.
    Marlys

P.S. Feel free to add me. :)
  • chickiebabe2
    Options
    add me, im always looking for motivational support :)
  • LauraRose03
    LauraRose03 Posts: 140
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • bethellenmitchell
    Options
    For those wanting the link to the program: http://cleaneatingdietplan.com/
  • bethellenmitchell
    Options
    Yes I am exactly the same. The clean eating program is basically about cutting sugar, processed foods, excess sodium, fat and carbs from your diet. I suppose it's all very straight forward, it just takes discipline which is something I have lacked in the past. I am trying to stick to eating "clean". The program is 12 weeks, but I am thinking of it in terms of a lifestyle change. :)
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like! What is clean eating?
  • bethellenmitchell
    Options
    Basically cutting all processed foods, excess sugar, sodium and carbs etc. eating lots of vegetables, meat etc. natural foods :)
    Add me if you would like! What is clean eating?
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    your all welcome to add me !
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes I am exactly the same. The clean eating program is basically about cutting sugar, processed foods, excess sodium, fat and carbs from your diet. I suppose it's all very straight forward, it just takes discipline which is something I have lacked in the past. I am trying to stick to eating "clean". The program is 12 weeks, but I am thinking of it in terms of a lifestyle change. :)
    Thanks for answering my question. I am a vegetarian (since 1/2012). I try to make most of my diet more vegetables, fruit, beans, whole grains and stay away from the unhealthy carbs.
  • plr150
    plr150 Posts: 10
    Options
    Sounds good. My goal is to change the foods that I crave/ have a taste for. I have "trained" myself to favor healthy (often raw or whole foods) foods over foods that are loaded with sugar and salt. I try to keep myself motivated by telling myself that I am not rewarding myself with comfort/junk food anymore. It is not a reward, it's self-sabotage. I am currently trying to get out of this cycle, but it's hard. I too am looking for MFP friends for support.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    does this site cost money?
  • katekizm
    katekizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    not rewarding myself with comfort/junk food anymore. It is not a reward, it's self-sabotage.

I recently saw a sign on Pinterest:

Don't reward yourself with food. You are not a dog.