NSV During my walk/run tonight

Options
myjourney2
myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
My running group meets on Tuesday evenings to run a 400 meter track. I walk the curves and run the straight which works out to running about 100 meters on each side of the track.

Last week I could barely run at all. Tonight I ran both sides (100 meters each!!):happy:

I weigh 257 lbs and running at this weight is really, really hard.

All totalled I did 3 laps walking and 3 laps walk/running.

I also found out I run slower than I walk...lol

Replies

• Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. I weight 255ish. Exercising,running, and just moving is very hard on the body. We are proving that we will DO THIS though. Way to push yourself. I started at 320, so I know what we are doing works. Keep it up.
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Nice !! I have not ran yet.. getting better at walking.. I do software support and I sit ALL day.. Thank you for the inspiration !!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    SUPER job! I have SO wanted to start running.. but I have never really gotten the hang of it. After 45 seconds, I felt I was going to kill over... I have been trying to go just a bit longer each time...today, I jogged equal time as my brisk walk for a full 45 minutes!

You can do it girl!!
  • GRaePete
    GRaePete Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fast, slow, long distance, short distance....you're still lapping the people on the couch! WTG!!!
  • landfxr
    landfxr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    YOu might want to look into water aerobics or water zumba......when I gained a huge amount of weight with my second child.....I was afraid to go to running or regular aerobics and possibly injure myself or do damage to my joints. It was probably the very best fat burning exercise I have ever done.....and got me in the best shape ever in a few short months. when my 3rd child was born, I was 38 yrs old....teaching water aerobics. I lost all my baby weight and was back in pre-pregnancy clothes 2 weeks after he was born. I don't do water aerobics now......20 years later, because I love Zumba so much.....but it was the perfect workout at the time and one of the best ways I know to get in shape without stress on the body. congrats on your progress....what you're doing is one of the very hardest things ever! Good luck!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    nice job ma'am! i love running on tracks because the straight/turn balance is a good interval marker for me too. keep up the good work and congratulations :D
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and gosh darn difficult to do (I know I coach track and it's difficult for my bigger kids who are starting out to do it, much less an adult).

Keep runnin' baby!!

:glasses:
  • tsimmsva
    tsimmsva Posts: 49
    Options
    Wonderful work!!! You can do it!!
  • lucy5599
    lucy5599 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: loved reading your post! What an inspiration you are! Keep it up!
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I had to smile at the end where you said you found out that you run slower than you walk. I hadn't thought of it that way but when I read that a little light bulb went off in my head, " I think I do too". Keep it up! You are doing a remarkable job!
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Don't give up! At 5' 0" and nearly 200 lbs I could only walk slowly for 10 minutes before feeling like I was going to die. I am still working on it, but 33.5 pounds lighter and MUCH healthier I can walk / jog for 4 miles!
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great job. you are doing so well. I run on the TM so far, but I I would just rather walk outside any.way. But very proud of you for running
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    So happy for you my friend!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Forester1
    Forester1 Posts: 1
    Options
    You are awesome! Keep up the fantastic work and determination, I'm proud of you!
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    GREAT post. All that matters is that you're there! Keep up the great work! BTW, bought my first pair of running shoes in YEARS yesterday. Great good luck to you.
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Keep up the awesome work - soon you'll be running the curves, too!
  • yabba45
    yabba45 Posts: 35
    Options
    way to go. That is what I do too. Before you know it you will be able to run the whole thing. Keep up the great work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!