Unusual things that you find calming?

Options
13»

Replies

• BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Drawing, reading or just sitting there staring at a wall!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    the fireworks that make the big booms!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    The smell of Playdoh. I used to have a container of it in my desk to smell when my job was super stressful. Always made me feel better. So weird, but there it is.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Manson music. Most find it either terrible or energizing, but I find it really relaxing.
    Everytime I have a test, I listen to a couple songs before hand and it calms me right down.
    It's like my meditation music. =P

i am a HUGE manson fan, i definitly agree

Same. While I honestly am not as into that type of music as much as I was back in the 90's and early 2000's, I definitely throw some Manson on sometimes. "Coma White" is still one of my favorite songs of all time. :glasses:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    bouncing my leg lol.... my husband drives me nuts when he does this in church
    Classical music... tunes out the hum of my husband's computer (its really loud)
    The smell of a brand new book !!
    Pine trees
    Sneezing/farting... the relief LOL (Sorry... unusual but true)
    A dewy morning
    The sound of a river flowing (I'm privileged to live 5 minute walk from a large one)
  • jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bookstores or libraries. I love the smell of the books/paper. :tongue:
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Good to see like minded cow poo lovers. I live in the city so i don't get to smell it enough.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    knitting
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    1. Coloring, in coloring books.
    2. Jasmine Green Tea with French vanilla
    3. Driving with my music blasting
    4. Taking a bath and going underwater and holding my breath for as long as I can.
    5. Screaming
    6. The list goes on and on! :)
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Going to the dentist. I love the heat of the light and comfy chair. Weird but true.

mmmeeeeeeeeeeeee toooooooooo!!:laugh:
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    reflexology........love love love :laugh:
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Sound of a table saw. Smell of saw dust.

What gets me freaked out: smell of people burning leaves or other stanky stuff. Reminds me of wildfires. In the country, people burn piles of leaves all the time. I get all Watership Down about it too.

And, truthfully, lifting a heavy thing at a newly heavy weight for me is SOOOOOOO great. I can't be mad or upset about all the stupid stuff from the day during my lifting session, I'm too focused. Then, when I'm done, that stupid stuff isn't as important/recent/big as my lifting success was. It's pretty rad.
  • Jo_permiegirl
    Jo_permiegirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I smile every time I see the sunset, don't know why but it makes me all warm

being in the ocean, i didn't swim for a few years and when I went back in it was like coming home

sun on my skin - don't care how hot it is it could be 35deg C and I would still stay there. (not good for skin cancer I know, I am sun-screened all the time)
  • buzzbug
    buzzbug Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cutting paper with scissors. Lol it's weird.
  • Uuugggghhhhhhh
    Options
    Blowing bubbles
    Singing 80s ballads at the top of my lungs
    Stopping wherever I am and just staring up into the sky
    Sitting upside down on a chair/couch and pretending I can walk on the ceiling (thing I did as a kid)
    Listening to the rain/watching a thunderstorm
    Walking around barefoot outside
    Eating deli american cheese by the slice
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Thunderstorms
  • Uuugggghhhhhhh
    Options
    Going to the dentist. I love the heat of the light and comfy chair. Weird but true.

Ditto. Just got some wisdom teeth out and after each yank I'd giggle and say "cooool"
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Cleaning out the filter of my hairdryer. No idea why lol.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    The smell of coppertone suntan lotion
    Laying in the sun listening to ocean waves
    Boating on the lake
    The smell of clothes drying in the dryer
    Cinnamon rolls baking in the oven
    Hugs
    Sunny days!
    I will agree on sitting in the dentist chair. Our dentist is so calm and friendly. She talks to her assistant about various topics including her animals, etc. Just relaxing getting your teeth cleaned. If I was there for something else, probably not too relaxing! :) Thankfully it's just been for teeth cleaning for the last several years. I guess the relaxing thing is no phone calls, laying back in the chair, and having someone treat you! I love how your teeth feel so slippery when done. :)