Can't stop thinking about certain foods

Options
I have been doing really well mentally not obsessing about food the past 3 weeks. If I want some candy I work it in my calories if that means that I must work out longer to do it. Now all of a sudden I can't stop thinking about making some cookie dough to eat. I wouldn't mind making some but then I know that its in the freezer and would start sneaking it. Can't they make just bite size cookie dough to sell??? So I don't end up eating the equivilant of 6 cookies or more.

How do I get my mind off of the dough??

Replies

• Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Eat some, throw away the rest... or make cookies after your some, and give them to the neighbors:) It's ok to eat a little treat, work it off and not keep the extra.
  • boost2lose
    boost2lose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've heard that if it's a really strong craving that you can't get rid off there is probably something in that food that your body needs. No joke. I would have a little or your craving will get out of hand and you will end up eating a whole lot more than you should.
  • hostile17
    hostile17 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    "Eat some, throw away the rest... "

Beat me to it. Satisfy the urge, but then remove the temptation for the rest.
  • weightlosshippie
    weightlosshippie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ah, the ever increasing addiction to refined sugar. We get it from so many sources, that we crave it. I'd encourage you to not restrict yourself, but be very mindful of yourself creating an addiction to sugar. If eating some, makes you want more and more then something's not right.

I wish you the best of health and happiness.
  • manasunshine
    manasunshine Posts: 130
    Options
    i really wish i could figure that one out. im trying the same myself =( n i NEVER have the power to throw it awayyy!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Just do what I do and think of your goals and ask youself "is it worth it"

I can take my boys out to any of their fave fast food restaurants and not even try a bite or a fry. I just look at where I was 50lbs ago and where I still want to get to and remind myself it's just not worth it!
  • kristy8403
    kristy8403 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving something, I try not to deprive myself of it. Last week, I was really hungry for triple chocolate chunk muffins... so I made them. I took the whole batch to work and had a muffin with my co-workers, logged it in and did not feel guilty. This way, I eat what I want but there is not 24 muffins sitting around on the counter screaming for me to eat another one. I feel more controlled around other people - especially if they know I'm working on eating healthy.

So maybe you can do the same, make the cookies save some cookie dough for yourself. Then you can take the cookies with you when you go to work, another function or it's a good reason to invite some (non-dieting) friends over.
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i really wish i would have never ate so many sweet and unhealthy foods in my childhood so i never had a craving for it.
    like the people 1000 years ago..they never had those.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to handle a craving is to drink some water and wait 15 minutes. If you're still craving it, then account for the calories and have a small amount.

The easiest way to have a small amount of cookie dough is to freeze it in appropriately-sized portions. Before freezing it, roll it into balls that have a set amount of calories each. Initially freeze these balls on a cookie sheet or something so they freeze separately, then transfer them into a freezer bag.

When you want a cookie, pull an amount out of the bag that you can afford (1 or 2), let it thaw, and either make fresh hot cookies out of it or eat it raw (your choice). Then you know precisely what your treat "cost" you in terms of calories.

Also, experiment with recipes. Add oats for the more complex carbs. Mix in a few nuts for the proteins. Lower the sugar and replace it with applesauce. Use the darkest chocolate you can find so the chocolate flavor is more intense, and use fewer chips. You'll end up with a cookie that gives your body more of what it needs and less of what it doesn't, and you'd be surprised at how much more satisfying a nice heavy cookie can be!

You aren't here only to lose weight. You're here to learn habits that will allow you to maintain that weight loss once you're done. Unless you're willing to accept that cookies have no place in your life, you need to learn to eat them in moderation, or once your "diet" is over you're really in trouble.
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    How about one of those single serve size ice creams? Edy's snack size cup of cookie dough ice cream is 220 calories, and the cups are sold individually rather than in a pack. It's a nice once-and-done snack, and not too much that you can't work it into your calorie count for the day or do some extra cardio to work it off. Every now and then I like to indulge in the Caramel Delight, which is fairly easy to work in at 180 calories.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks Peeps!

It isn't so much a craving really as that I just can't stop thinking about it. I don't know that I REALLY want it. Any time I tried to "diet" I did nothing but think about all of the food that I "couldn't have" and now as I am trying to change my life instead I was doing well trying to not think of it in terms of "forbidden food". I don't trust myself however to stop at just one scoop.

Maybe if I eat a bunch and get sick then that would cure me...LOL Just kidding. Ok think that I am over obsessing about it. Whew! Good thing that I am at work were I don't have access to the ingredients or I might have made a bad choice I am afraid.