Shoes for Insanity

Options
Anybody have any suggestions? I am wearing some Nike running shoes that work ok... until any lateral movement and then I feel like there is ZERO support. Any suggestions on what works for you... mainly in aggressive lateral movements?

Replies

• Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of workout shoes. It's a bad obcession :)

I like the Brooks or Asicss the best. Honestly, the best thing for you to do is try a few on and jump around. I had terrible shin splits with a few pairs so it wasn't until I tried a few on and jumped around that I figured out which were best.

Oh, and pics if this is action is always funny!
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    kswiss tubes all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jamielee0704
    jamielee0704 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i personally like nike shox.
  • IndianCat3
    Options
    Shox dont support to well with me :( even shaun T suggest not to wear those...ijs..
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Insanity is one workout I prefer to do barefoot.
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    Are you wearing big runners ? In some circles, those aren't even good for running in let alone sideways movements.
    Try it with no shoes and see if there's support.
  • IndianCat3
    Options
    do NOT use reebok flex....u will go all over the place...lls
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input guys. Gives me something to ponder on. I tried barefoot... felt a little to impactful on the back.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You need to get some cross trainers. Running shoes are too narrow and the platform is too high, hence the instability. And for me, I personally don't like working out barefoot unless its yoga. I have some Nike cross trainers and they are EXCELLENT. I used them while doing Insanity and felt great doing all the moves in them. They are super flexible and super lightweight, with a thin platform, almost feels like you are barefoot but you still have the support of a shoe. Nike has several different cross trainer options, I don't know the specific one I have but I just tried a few different ones on in the store I did a few side to side movements and jumps to get a feel for it.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I love my Nike Shoxx but I can not wear them while doing Insanity, up and down they are fine any thing else and I've got sore feet! Took me two weeks in to realize this, now I go barefoot or wear my New Balances! :)
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    Going barefoot may take some acclimatization. You may have deconditioned your feet by wearing the cushy shoes and aren't used to none. You may also need to re-learn how to land on the mid-fore foot rather than a jarring heel. Dunno about kids nowadays, but back in my day I was barefoot all the time and never had problems(into 20's). As an adult(30's) I wore shoes and had sore feet and sore back etc. The foot-doctor just kept pushing my feet around with expensive innersoles. I then went full circle, threw away anything helpful, and have gone minimal again (NB Minimus MT10 are the bomb!! but will still be like barefeet). It's not an overnight change either. We take our feet for granted that they'll just work .... but that's not always the case. We haven't been using them the way we did for the past few 1000 years (before the 1970's) or as kids, now we bury them in big pillows. Just look at how weak our arms and legs are now that we don't play sports anymore. After a few months of re-growing pains, I was better for it. Now I don't have sore feet, or calves, or lower back and I'm in as little support (both heel-toe drop and sole thickness). It did take some time to work up to it again. I had sore muscles in my feet and calves as they got stronger so I started off slow (like short runs, and small walks, and didn't do 200 jumps etc).
    Actually, when I started wearing innersoles the same sort of soreness occurred as they re-positioned my feet and I got used to wearing them - the difference being the innersoles then made my feet even more weaker.