P90x!

Options

Replies

• Eb155
    Eb155 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting May 14th! Feel free to add me! I could use the motivation! The farthest I've made it is to week 5! I wanna make that full 13 weeks!!!!!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm just wrapping up week three of my third round and love it every bit as much this time as I did the first time! There are some P90X groups around if you want to join one of those. It's nice to have a group of people who're all doing it with you even if you're at different points.
  • PSantos1
    PSantos1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Day 3, donzo! :smile:
  • ArmyVet92
    ArmyVet92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow P90X'ers (current and future)

I just wanted to drop in a say that I love P90X so far! My husband and I are on Day 26 as of tonight.. first round. We are both overweight/obese and have already seen HUGE improvements in strength and stamina. =) If you need a P90X buddy feel free to send me an invite or whatever... pretty new to MFP.. moving over from using a BodyMedia Fit.
  • lynenz
    lynenz Posts: 29
    Options
    i started on may 1 so im on day 4 doing the lean program so its yoga x for me today. not really looking forward to it because the yoga portion of cardio x was kind of boring and i couldn't do some of the moves. but gotta keep movin'!
  • PSantos1
    Options
    Day 4 today, Yoga X. I quit after 30 min. Although the stretch for the legs was very welcome as I was incredibly sore from the first 3 days, the workout was just too repetitive.

Is it just me? Should I try again? Is it worth fighting through?

Advice needed!
  • lynenz
    lynenz Posts: 29
    Options
    I too quit after 30 mins yesterday when i did yoga x for the first time. i couldn't do some of the moves right but it made me sweat, and boy can i feel it today. lol. it was hard to see the next move when im facing another way toward the ceiling, floor, side the tv isn't on, etc. so that was really irritating because i didn't know if i was doing it right unless i looked at the tv. also the flow was fast, and before i could look up at the tv, they were already on the next move before i finished the previous one. augh. but hopefully i can make it through at least an hour next week. today is legs, back and ab ripper x. can't wait until tomorrow-kenpo x. i really enjoyed the kenpo in the cardio x dvd.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    We are re-starting P90x tomorrow..I'm SO EXCITED!! did it a few years ago, hubs had amazing results..I've been body pumping and zumba and ready to mix it up and get exactly where I want to be. Would love to join you guys!!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Day 4 today, Yoga X. I quit after 30 min. Although the stretch for the legs was very welcome as I was incredibly sore from the first 3 days, the workout was just too repetitive.

Advice needed!

Yes, you should give it a go with the Yoga (at least during your first round). It is repetitive but it forces you to use a lot of your own body weight that it is almost strength training and you are stretching at the same time.

I will suggest that you try it again. I did it during my first round but skipped it during the second one.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Last August my boyfriend was looking at this program for us to do when the kids were at school. Then he decided not to, not sure why. Now hes thinking of doing it again but a guy at work was telling him how hard it was and that guy is fairly fit already. My boyfriend isn't really in the overweight range just a little extra weight in his stomach but he lifts 50lb or more bags multiple times a day at work. He wants to get more "ripped". After what the guy said he has told me he doesn't think I could do any of the exercises on the video at all. I told him that in any video you don't have to do the same amount as fast as the trainer but doing any of it is good but he said I couldn't handle it. I may be way overweight now but I did used to have military type training and I still have the muscle in my legs, my arms not so much but then never had arm muscle strength unless you count tons of push-ups. I would say my back is pretty strong too from carrying around children for 5 years but whatever, I guess we won't be doing it.
  • PSantos1
    Options

Advice needed!

Yes, you should give it a go with the Yoga (at least during your first round). It is repetitive but it forces you to use a lot of your own body weight that it is almost strength training and you are stretching at the same time.

I will suggest that you try it again. I did it during my first round but skipped it during the second one.

Even though I only did half hour, my legs def felt better. The stretch really helped. I'll definitely give it a shot next week. On to legs today!
  • PSantos1
    Options
    Just did the Kenpo X workout. Not nearly as difficult as I imagined it might be. Maybe because I've done kickboxing type classes for many years? Hopefully after I get a HRM I'll be able to better gauge how i'm doing.

Definitely broke a good sweat!
  • Bradleyjah
    Bradleyjah Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Advice needed!

Yep, I definitely agree with this comment. I don't love the Yoga (it's so long and can get redundant/painful!), but after sticking with it for a couple of weeks, I've seen a lot of positives. I noticed a big improvement after just the first time (I think there's a hefty learning curve at first...just to figure out what you can and can't do)....as the above poster noted, I've seen it help a lot in the other workouts because so much of it requires strength and holding up your body weight (after you do all those vinyasa, pushups aren't as scary). As a very inflexible bigger guy, I've also noticed a lot of flexibility improvements (can straighten legs more in AbRipper, can lift my knees higher in Core Synergistics, and after this last yoga sessions, I can now do a shoulder stand..which means I can do the Dreya Roll!). Anyways, personally, I've come to enjoy it...it's also one of the few workouts that I consistently see improvement, and I find that very satisfying!

Lastly, just a quick tip: make sure you have a yoga mat or sticky gloves/socks. Otherwise, it's a lot harder. I had been doing yoga without either (just a foam mat), and because I sweat a fair amount (and thus my mat gets sweaty and slippery), I realized I had been exerting a ton more energy just trying to keep from face planting on my sweaty/slippery mat.
  • PSantos1
    Options
    Thanks for the advice folks!!

I now have all of the equipment I need for P90X, short of a Yoga block. I'm about to start week 2. Upping my resistance and weights and attempting the pull up bar as much as I can. Gravity loves to hold on tight to my 189 lb. self!

Let's do this!
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    current P90X'er here too ... in better shape at 36 than I ever was as a youth/young adult.

and here's a current group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4358-p90x-challenge
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love the program. I have a long way to go but I lost 25 of my 27lbs lost on it. It kicks butt. You should also get a Beachbody coach to go with it and they are awesome. They will help you with any questions you have.
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5, for the 2nd round - feel free to add me if want
  • ekball
    ekball Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing week 9 of P90X - first round. It has been hard, but I am seeing changes so that makes it worth all of the time and effort! I have not been watching my diet closely enough, so that is the focus for this last month. After the 90 days I'll do round 2, with modifications to include more running (three 1/2 marathons this fall that I need to start training for)...I'll switch out at least Kenpo & CardioX (I do P90X lean) for running.
    There's a lot that I wish I had done differently this round...I didn't take measurements (I SHOULD HAVE!!!), I didn't take good pix, and I didn't watch my diet like I should have. That said, I am happy with the changes I'm seeing, and I think there will be more to come in the next 3 weeks (and beyond!!).
    Just remember what Tony says..."Do your best, and forget the rest." and "JUST PUSH PLAY!!"
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Last August my boyfriend was looking at this program for us to do when the kids were at school. Then he decided not to, not sure why. Now hes thinking of doing it again but a guy at work was telling him how hard it was and that guy is fairly fit already. My boyfriend isn't really in the overweight range just a little extra weight in his stomach but he lifts 50lb or more bags multiple times a day at work. He wants to get more "ripped". After what the guy said he has told me he doesn't think I could do any of the exercises on the video at all. I told him that in any video you don't have to do the same amount as fast as the trainer but doing any of it is good but he said I couldn't handle it. I may be way overweight now but I did used to have military type training and I still have the muscle in my legs, my arms not so much but then never had arm muscle strength unless you count tons of push-ups. I would say my back is pretty strong too from carrying around children for 5 years but whatever, I guess we won't be doing it.

U can handle it!!!