Can I gain weight and flatten belly fat at the same time???

Options
My weight fluctuates between 113 – 116 pounds and I want to be around 120 – 125 but can’t seem to reach it. I also want to flatten my belly fat and round out my booty. Any Ideas to how I can do all of this??? Thanks!

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates between 113 – 116 pounds and I want to be around 120 – 125 but can’t seem to reach it. I also want to flatten my belly fat and round out my booty. Any Ideas to how I can do all of this??? Thanks!

Eat at a little above maintenance and lift heavy stuff.

Squats, leg presses, and weighted lunges for the booty.
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^^ Best Answer
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Agreed with the lifting heavy, but the eating above maintenance is not going to help reduce the belly. Quite the opposite.

I would eat at or slightly under maintenance while lifting. <---- nope

EDIT: Clearly I cannot read, and the above advice that I just gave is wrong.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

Agreed with the lifting heavy, but the eating above maintenance is not going to help reduce the belly. Quite the opposite.

I would eat at or slightly under maintenance while lifting.

She wants to gain weight. And to ensure it's muscle and not fat, she should lift weights.

Also OP, make sure to feed your new muscles enough protein throughout the day.
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to give it a try. I might join my son's gym (he takes boxing classes)...I was thinking about buying a kettle bell and working out at home.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

I would eat at or slightly under maintenance while lifting.

She wants to gain weight. And to ensure it's muscle and not fat, she should lift weights.

Also OP, make sure to feed your new muscles enough protein throughout the day.

You are correct, this goes to show that I should read more carefully. Thanks.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    YES!

I did...

Mine was lifting heavy....Increased Cals a little than normal..but more to the protein side versus carb side...and I ran sprints and did interval training as cardio....No long distance running...

It's like do you want a marathon runner's body or a sprinter's body? Train like a sprinter
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    Yep, this happened to me last month while lifting weights :) Gained a pound, lost an inch in my gut. I'll take it! So, plus one to what everyone else said about strength training... Good luck!!!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    not much i can add that others haven't already said, But the stomach part..focus on your lower abs a bit more..it'll help with the smaller flatter stomach look..
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you could benefit from the high 'iron' diet.