Bleeding Nipples

Options

Replies

• rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    A miracle cure is the cream they use on cows udders. No joke. Ask a vet. That **** is awesome.

Udder Balm!!!!!
    When I was little, my family had dairy cows and my hands were the softest they've ever been. I couldn't figure out why until i found an old tub of it in the barn. I started using is again and OMG, soft everything!!!!!!! Plus it guards against friction, germs/bacteria, and weather conditions.
  • letmysoulfly
    letmysoulfly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lansinoh is what some nursing moms use if baby hasn't latched quite right and caused soreness. It works beautifully for soreness from breastfeeding, so it should work great for chafing. It's very thick and won't wash off easily. Put it on before your shower to ease the pain of the water hitting the wound. This method is called "moist wound healing" and it should heal faster this way. One tube of Lansinoh will last years. You can find it in the baby department of Walmart or Target. It's in a purple box. :)
  • MMKE4ever
    MMKE4ever Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above post. I know Lanisnoh cream works. You should definitely try it. It may work just as well for a man as it does for a woman.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    my nipples bled for the first week or so that I was breastfeeding... I used this stuff called lansinoh or something like that lol...

Oh this other stuff that works miracles is called "bag balm." I bought it originally for my sons diaper rash when he was a baby. But I've used it for other things as well. If I ever get razor burn I use it and it's gone pretty much the next day.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Definitley wear a singlet underneath.
    You could use a nipple cream(for breastfeeding) at night while you sleep most are lanolin and a very sticky and can stain so wear a shirt you don't mind ruining.

i was going to suggest this, to help it heal. then try a compression shirt.
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Try this
    http://www.lansinoh.com/products/hpa-lanolin
    I used it when I was bf'ing my son. Worked a treat!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    A miracle cure is the cream they use on cows udders. No joke. Ask a vet. That **** is awesome.

Udder Balm!!!!!
    When I was little, my family had dairy cows and my hands were the softest they've ever been. I couldn't figure out why until i found an old tub of it in the barn. I started using is again and OMG, soft everything!!!!!!! Plus it guards against friction, germs/bacteria, and weather conditions.

I've been having this problem, not quite bleeding but they still hurt.

So now I have to buy a cream they use on cow udders and apply it to my nipples?

I think I'm gonna go back to fat. This is getting silly.

:tongue: :bigsmile:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    women have some stuff used to heal the nipples while breast feeding, you could try some of that
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Udder cream
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Lansinoh is great to help them heal and cornstarch to prevent chafing.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Try the monistat anti-chaffing cream... works well for inner thighs!

good to know. every time i go to a theme park and ride water rides and what not i get chaffing on my inner thighs from my shorts. maybe i should try this next time.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Like mentioned above. A tight compression shirt under another one will help with this.
  • mark2605
    mark2605 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find fabric band-aids (the large kind you can cut in half, one for each nipple) stick pretty well, unless it's raining really hard.

Other than that, I second the wearing something tighter comment. In my experience, all the fancy wicking materials are not great for the nipples, and the best thing is to wear a vest 2 or 3 sizes too small. I like the wifebeater kinds with the little holes in the fabric - they breathe well, but there's no reason an undershirt with sleeves couldn't work well too. I think the tight garment thing works best because it basically simulates the set-up of a bra, being tight enough that the fabric is not rubbing over your nipples.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Compression shirts can actually help you stay cooler, at least in my experience.

^^ that.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I think you're supposed to make sure you're using a moisture wicking fabric and not cotton shirts if you have this problem.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Learn something new every day. This is something I would never have even thought about
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    this you op?
    andy+bernard.jpg

Hey I didn't know Ed Helms was a runner!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    You should find a different lotion. Vaseline is oil based. It is waterproof, but really doesn't have anything that can be used by your skin. Find a good moisturizing lotion like Curel or Eucerin and use it after you shower and at night when it has a chance to work.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Nexcare makes a foam tape that stays put but still pulls off reasonably easy. I've used that when i've experienced "chaffing".
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    band aide with neosporin in them. works wonders.