Morning or evening?

Options
I am changing my workouts to morning just because I am going to school and I have three kids so my schedule is always changing. Is there any proof that one is better than the other as far as burning more? I know I have more energy in the morning so that may have lots to do with it......any thoughts?

Replies

• monicayogima
    Options
    I am changing my workouts to morning just because I am going to school and I have three kids so my schedule is always changing. Is there any proof that one is better than the other as far as burning more? I know I have more energy in the morning so that may have lots to do with it......any thoughts?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think there is no real scientific explanation to prove one is better than other...I am a morning person so I have lots of energy in the morning...the earlier the better and I get it out of the way. I have exercised in the afternoon before and I am dragging myself, it is a struggle. :flowerforyou:
  • darlenebull
    Options
    I read that when you work out in the morning, if you are doing an aerobic workout, you tend to burn fat more easily because you dont have that much energy from food, so your body burns what it has. Not sure how accurate this is, but I've been working out first thing in the morning and have had good results.:smile:
  • magari14
    magari14 Posts: 9
    Options
    I heard working out in the morning is better because it jump starts your metabolism for the rest of the day. I figure you're good if you work out at any time of the day, though. :)
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I heard working out in the morning is better because it jump starts your metabolism for the rest of the day. I figure you're good if you work out at any time of the day, though. :)

I heard that too..I think it was on the Biggest Loser from that Bob guy. But...it is true..exercising any time of the day is better than not doing it at all!
  • Xtracrispy69
    Options
    see I heard that breakfast will get the metabolism going not necessarily exercise. The wonderful world of exercise & diet...so many differences