Low Calorie Cocktails - Suggestions Please!

Options

Replies

• hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    If you want to be sneaky AND stick to plan, order club soda with a wedge of lime. Ask the bartender to do whatever necessary, glass-wise, to make it look like a legit cocktail. That way, you're not hassled by your friends to drink a ton, you can carry around a drink like everyone else is doing, and only you (and the bartender) will know the truth. Your wallet will thank you, AND you can be the DD at the end of the night if needed. ;)
  • vlmazz
    vlmazz Posts: 14
    Options
    Gaining 6 pounds in Italy must have been sooo much fun though... I can just imagine the food and wine! :)

I LOVE my cocktails and wine! I didn't give it up the first time around with MFP and lost 34lbs hitting and surpassing my goals. I maintained it for half a year on my own but regained 6lbs on a vacation to Italy with my husband in January. I gave alcohol up a month and a half ago because we have a new trip planned May 18th. I gave up alcohol up for the last month and vowed to not drink till I lost my final pounds and maintain my goal weight for a month. That date is May 15th! ! ! ! ! WOOT!

Before I gave it up I enjoyed my cocktails and wine. I just worked it into my calories by putting in extra cardio and/or choosing lower calorie choices for my meals. Which usually meant adding in extra vegetables.

You don't need to give up everything you love. Everything in moderation.

Cheers! :drinker:
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I work in a bar doing karaoke 4 hours a night 4 nights p/wk. I know how you feel. I drink rum and diet coke or go for the bud light 55's for beer. Then the next day I have to walk 4 miles. It's just not worth it. I'm thinking of maybe drinking diet green tea with nothing in it.

You can't go wrong with the rum & diet! :drinker:
  • rjbalcer
    rjbalcer Posts: 57
    Options
    Vodka on the rocks with a squeeze of real lime juice splash of H20.
    White Wine
    Vodka w/diet tonic and fresh oranges squeezed in...(Yummy)
    Good Vodka like KettleOne or Stoli
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bud select 55 and MGD 64 are my go-to's for beer. as long as they're cold, they're great! for cocktails, i have vodka w/diet tonic and lime. also jagermeister w/sugar free red bull is AWESOME!
  • heathercustis
    Options
    vodka (44 north) & diet sprite....Yummm!
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I make Mock-aritas. 1-2 Oz tequila, (69 calories per ounce), 1 packet of crystal light lemonade (10 calories per packet), and 6 Oz of Sprite Zero. Splash of lime juice, mix with some ice... Yum!
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Muddle some cucumber in a glass with a little bit o simple syrup, add a shot of HENDRICKS gin (this is important) and shake over ice - put in the glass, and top off with tonic or club soda. It's delicious!!! And you get gin soaked cucumbers at the end!!!
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    vodka (44 north) & diet sprite....Yummm!

Where do you live?? I cant find North anywhere!!!
  • southjerzjoy
    southjerzjoy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to make your own, yes, try Skinnygirl cocktails are great. They have so many flavors, like pina colada, sangria, cranberry and etc - check out http://www.skinnygirlcocktails.com/
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The Hungry Girl Happy Hour cookbook has a lot of great recipes for appetizers, etc., for parties, including a really good spiked pink lemonade recipe. All Hungry Girl recipes are low cal. I made this for a party and it was a big hit. The book is totally worth buying.
  • reden324
    reden324 Posts: 33
    Options
    vanilla vodka with diet orange soda- tastes just like a creamsicle! also crystal light makes mocktails that you mix in with water and alcohol, they're great and really help cut the calories when drinking
  • skendrick0601
    skendrick0601 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well my friend's theory is to do straight shots of Patron. After four you won't need any more to drink! LOL:laugh:
  • tscott10
    tscott10 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cranberry juice, sprite zero, vodka.

Bump!

I also will do V8 Light instead of the Cranberry! So good and I feel like I am on Vacation!
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Vodka w/diet Tonic and lime. Occassionally I will add a splash of diet cranberry.

matter of fact the whole time I was pregnant, I would order "diet tonic and lime on ice, with a
    splash of cranberry", when out with friends. I never felt deprived becuase you can't taste the
    vodka anyway and I felt like I was drinking.

YUM having some on Mothers Day
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well...I have to say I am an expert on diet cocktails, if you will. I am always mixing and measuring for the most bang for the calories. Been doing this for years. Everyone's suggestions here are GREAT...I agree with the Diet Tonic and Gin, Rum and Diet Coke, the Vodka and Cranberry Juice--I buy the Diet Cranberry Juice for low cal option and I like adding Club Soda for fizz. I haven't read all threads, but here are some of my additional favorites:

Crystal Light Mocktails-Mojito, Margarita, and Appletini....I mix up a 2qt pitcher without the alcohol and then will add a shot of Rum to the Mojito per glass, Tequila to the Margarita and Vodka to the Appletini (NOT ALL AT ONCE, ha ha). Just discovered these. Then as the night goes on, and I need to stop the calories, I can then have an unspiked and they taste really good all by themselves.

I am also a Margarita lover....I will make my own fresh Margarita's...squeeze 2-3 limes, a splash of additional lemon juice, 3/4 cup of splenda, 1 cup tequila and 1/2 cup triple sec ( I am not at home for the exact measurements) and filtered water to make a two qt pitcher... If anyone is interested, let me know and I can repost later with my exact measurements and I can also figure the calories out then too. It is really good.
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Also LOVE diet squirt and vodka....very refreshing at the pool on a hot summer day!
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    P.s. When I was in Orlando (at Disney), I got hooked on Agave Nectar Margarita's.. NOW I use this recipe
    for margarita's on the ligher side. - simple and yummy !

1/2 ounce agave nectar
    1/2 water
    2 ounces tequila made from 100 percent agave, such as Patron, Don Julio, and Corazón
    1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
    lime slice on the rim (for decoration)

In glass or small bowl, combine agave nectar and water, and stir until combined. In cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine tequila, agave nectar mixture, and lime juice. Shake vigorously, then strain into old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.

Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/drink/views/Tres-Agavess-Margarita-238523#ixzz1uO5b85oj
  • shesajoy
    shesajoy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just came across this, from Fitness Magazine, recently. Great recipes!

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/drinks/wine/low-calorie-cocktails/?sssdmh=dm17.594769&esrc=nwfitdailytip050512&email=1343081650

Also, now that it is hot outside (I'm living in Arizona), I will take 4 oz red wine (zin preferably) and add some Diet Hansen's Citrus/Mandarin Orange Soda, for a spritzer. Goes farther than 4 oz of wine, and it is too hot for reds right now anyway. You could throw in a bunch of fruit and get a nice sangria, too, for that matter. :)